Good morning readers!
Today I'll be asking for your honest opinions and sharing some behind-the-scenes stuff about the blog…
But first, for those of you with kids back to school recently, how did your back-to-the-routine go? Whoever warned me last week that the days would FLY by wasn't kidding.
Here's what's up today:
- Even though social media can be tricky to keep a handle on sometimes, I'm learning to love it, and here's why… Last week I got a snippy comment on one of my recipe posts, so after I replied to her, I put this up on Twitter and Facebook: “See the snarky comment #15 at this post that cracked me up, apparently I love butter a bit more than she does, LOL! https://ow.ly/6nK6U.” Before long that post went from 15 comments to 53! I love you guys – it's so cool how you always have my back. 🙂
- Yesterday I took the kids to see the West Michigan Healing Field, which honored those who lost their lives 10 years ago yesterday. That link will take you to the post at my other blog with some pictures and an awesome quote by a local fire chief.
- Wait until you see this post from Colleen, a new blogger on the Real Food scene. First you'll probably be irritated like I was by the response she got after asking her local butcher shop some questions. The gal was perfectly polite and honest, so you have to respect her for that, but it's the same old thing when people just don't GET IT, it never sets right with me. But THEN you'll LOVE Colleen's perfect response to them!! Read, Local butcher chooses factory farmed meat. (Learn more about finding SAFE sources for pastured meats.)
- Here's another post that got a bit more attention last week after putting it up on social media: “Are you in a Sex-Starved Marriage? Here are some solutions and some heart-wrenching comments from readers, too: https://ow.ly/6oG4r.”
- Please share your honest opinion on this one: Do you think I was too harsh in my response to this reader? Here's what she wrote in a comment: “I’ve really enjoyed your blog and the information you give. However, it’s difficult for me to read, since in your RSS feed, it only gives the short intro to your posts and I have to click thru to read the whole thing. Would you consider changing the settings to show the whole post?” Here was my reply: “I’m sorry, I know that drives some people crazy, but when I tried going to full posts my stats dropped & that drove ME crazy! The thing is, I spend full time hours on my blog (often more) writing posts that are free for my readers, & I barely earn a part time income from it. I only get THAT based on my stats & readers clicking in. So if all I ask in return is for you to click in if the post interests you, is that really so bad? I hope you don’t mind me putting it like that & that you understand where I’m coming from. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!