How's your Christmas shopping going? Besides buying a bunch of gift cards right here in our little town of Rockford (a suburb of Grand Rapids, Michigan, with more shopping options than you'd think), I've been getting a lot on Amazonthis year. It's such a huge time saver, and I rarely buy anything with shipping charges. As a matter of fact, the other day I ordered my own gift from Kent and the kids, here's what I'm getting for Christmas: a cell phone coverto reduce radiation exposure. (I got the lime green, cute huh?) I really wondered if they even work, but from everything I've heard and read, they're a least a pretty good bet. Who ever really knows for sure with this stuff, though?
Where do you love to Christmas shop?
Check out today's links…
- If you ever wonder why I love blogging about Real Food, this email from last week says it all… (I didn't ask if I could use her name, so I'm not including it, but you know who you are, and thank you!) “I just wanted to let you know the change I have seen in my son since we first exchanged emails. I pulled him off wheat and added FCLO/butter combo (click the link for where to buy) and kept the rest of our fairly healthy diet the same, and he is a changed child! He is not coughing all night. His math grade sky rocketed and his already good reading scores jumped as well! His concentration is really good, reports his teacher. The math class that he was struggling with was right after lunch and he would eat a preservative free whole grain sandwich. Amazing what damage a “healthy” sandwich can do. We are going to see an MD tomorrow that focuses on natural healing. Thanks for your encouragement.“I replied, “I am speechless. I know there is power in Real Food, but when I hear it again like this, and how much changing what you eat can do for someone, it never ceases to bring tears to my eyes! A changed life!!! I love it!! Thanks so much for sharing this with me.” As always, I love hearing these stories, and may post some, so I'd love it if you'd email them to me: [email protected]. Thank you!
- We've got another great new sponsor this week who sells my FAVORITE (only?) winter vegetable since we have nothing available locally: Cultured vegetables! We have a little with supper each night (Sally Fallon says fermented foods should be eaten like a condiment, not a side dish), and if only I could just get the kids to eat them, too. They also sell garlic flowers, which I'm excited to try. Apparently they don't even give you bad breath. What a great excuse to eat garlic – they suggest you use it as a seasoning on meat or pasta or in dips. YUM. 🙂
- Next, wait 'til you read this poem by Laurie: Twas the night before Christmas, when the SWAT team arrived…” It's a pretty sad state of affairs that all of this is really happening, but you can't help but be impressed with how clever this Real Food blogger is!
- After reading that poem and getting all riled up, you can calm down (unless you get excited in a happy way like I did) when you read this: Local Sheriff defends farmer from FDA intrusion. YAH!!!
- Have you read my posts on the terrible case against Jacob Stieler's parents yet? If not, please do, and then help us by sending snail mail and email letters to the contacts listed there. Also, please go sign the petition to help them, too! THANK YOU! Also, keep an eye on their Facebook page for updates, especially as a special hearing on Thursday nears that could see the case being dismissed! Please pray Thursday at 1:30!!
- I loved this post from Heather at Mommypotamus last week: What the vitamin industry doesn't want you to know. That's a great title that makes you want to read it, huh? You'll be glad you did, especially the part about why it's OK if you're child doesn't eat that many veggies. Yep, you read that right. Now I'm really going all politically incorrect on you with that statement, huh?!!
- Are you baking Christmas cookies this year? You'll have to try Ann Marie's Sprouted flour Christmas cookies with Buttercream frosting.
Have a great week!