Grape Salad with cream cheese topping
Before you go all crazy on me because I’m calling this a grape salad, don’t worry. I knooooooow it’s actually more like a dessert. But WOW is it ever a good one. And I’m going to keep calling it a salad anyway, because besides the natural sugars in the grapes, there’s really not much extra sugar in here. Trust me, if you want a good fruit salad recipe, this one is always a hit. Try it and see if you have a serious problem staying out of it, too…
- 8 oz./1 bar of cream cheese, softened (cheese from pastured cows has the most nutrients, here’s the kind we buy) – if you like extra topping, use 12 oz. or 1 1/2 bars.
- 1 cup of sour cream (I love this brand because there’s only cream in the ingredients, no other nasty fillers or preservatives)
- 1/2 cup of your favorite no-GMO natural sugar
- I also add a splash of raw milk for extra creaminess and more nutrients and enzymes
Mix well with your handheld blender (like this one), and then add in…
- 2 bunches of organic grapes, rinsed and dried. Grapes are currently #3 on the dirty dozen list, so if I can’t find organic, I don’t buy them. (Unless I already offered to bring this dish to a gathering and the store has no organic. I hate when that happens.)
Let me know what you think!