After playing around with the recipe, finally this homemade ranch salad dressing (or homemade ranch veggie dip) tastes great, and it’s much more delicious than the organic powdered ranch dressing packet that I’ve used in the past. It even tastes like “Hidden Valley Ranch” which is all we used to eat around here. It’s a bonus when healthy real food can taste the way our twisted palettes expect from our days of eating junk.
- 3/4 c. homemade mayo (this makes it lacto-fermented!)
- 1/2 c. sour cream
- 1/4 t. organic (if possible) fresh or dried parsley and/or oregano
- 1/4 t. organic garlic powder and/or onion powder
- 1/2 t. sea salt
Mix together well. If it’s too thick for salad dressing, add a little milk. If it’s too thin for a ranch veggie dip, add a little more sour cream (and more herbs/spices as needed.) Let me know what you think! I’m so excited about how this turned out, I’m still working up the ambition to try my sourdough bread again!
- More HEALTHY CONDIMENT SUBSTITUTIONS!
- Do you have any questions you’d like to ask? Feel free! (Or check out some of the other Q & A’s there.)
- Why make a FAMILY FAVORITE MEAL LIST?
- Part of Wendy’s Dressings swap