Everywhere, EV-RY-WHERE, these days I am hearing of another person who needs to heal their gut, it's literally an epidemic, and how do I know this? Because poor gut health = a poor immune system, and this causes all sorts of problems.
Do you know someone who suffers with any of the following?
- Diarrhea, constipation, abdominal discomfort
- Anxiety or depression
- Autoimmune disorders like Fibromyalgia, Rheumatoid arthritis, or Multiple Sclerosis
- Behavior, learning or attention issues in children
- Food allergies
- Frequent infections
- Any chronic disease
There are some free talks all about gut health that are starting tomorrow — click here to get notified about what will be covered each day so you don't miss anything.
Here's day one:
My “other blog”
Recently I cleaned up things around my other blog, at Christianity101Blog.com, to make it easier to navigate, and I hope you'll subscribe there for post updates. I don't post very often, but this way you'll be notified when I do. I lost my other subscribers, so if you were signed up before, would you please sign up again?
Here's what I've found for you this week…
- Remember tomorrow is the LAST DAY to watch the free knife skills class OR to sign up for the Kids Cook Real Food class! (Did you see my post about How to be the BEST Mother-in-law EVER?)
- I love tuna melts, don't you? I love watching recipe videos like this, but of course, I'd have to change up some things… For example, I'd use only organic apples, I'd make it with this simple homemade mayo, and for the bread I'd either make some from einkorn flour (using this, my new fav cookbook) or a true sourdough bread. Now THAT would be a yummy tuna melt.
- There has been so much misinformation about meat consumption circulating lately. Whether it is the fallacies Joanie pointed out in her recent review of the film Cowspiracy, and how cows are responsible for every problem known to man (okay, not really, but their claims really irk me), to the WHO's recent conclusion that processed meats and red meat cause cancer, to the OP-ED piece in the New York Times a couple years back that stated sustainable farming is a myth. No wonder it is so hard to teach the masses about real food: they've been brain-washed by the uninformed! I just love this response by Joel Salatin to that editorial. If you have never read any of his books, this one is a great place to start. Also, be sure and read this outstanding response to the WHO's claims from one of my favorite places to buy meat, US Wellness Meats. And my response to all the meat-bashers? It's a two-sided frustration for me: First, don't give me a study where you used polluted, CAFO-raised meat and then tell us meat is bad for us. We real foodies have already known for years that eating meat like that was toxic to our health. Secondly, please stop publishing studies where you conveniently neglect to give the masses information that represents both sides of your “findings”.
- A friend sent me an interesting video by Dr. denBoer, a local functional medicine doctor, called Kids in Crisis (it's long, maybe bookmark it for later):
- Did you see the post Jill did for me the other day? Switching from petrochemical-based laundry products is an important part of detoxing your home and body. She shared 2 DIY laundry soap recipes, alternative natural commercial laundry soap and safe bleach options, plus all natural fabric softeners, stain removers, and deodorizers you probably already have on hand! Read how to replace ALL your laundry products here.
- Wow, this is a really good (and scary!) illustration of why it’s so important to *know* that the essential oils you are using are indeed safe for children (or whoever they are being used around). Cinnamon is NOT among the oils that are safe for young children. This is one reason I appreciate Plant Therapy essential oils. Their bottles clearly indicate which ones are safe for children and they even have a line of blends formulated with child safety in mind. Take a look at Plant Therapy’s Kid Safe line here. Read the story here: Toddler safe after essential oil scare.
- One of my readers has had high blood pressure his entire life until he tried one of the supplements mentioned in this post. If you know anyone with high blood pressure, the information here could make a big difference for them. While I'm not a doctor, these tips got Kent off blood pressure meds, so I want others to know about them too! How to get off blood pressure medicine.
- Read about the sweet and HIP Grandma I had tea with the other day. 🙂 (She's a neighbor friend.)
- Did you see this great article on Health Impact News with 45 uses for lemons that will change your life? An easy way to consume lemons on a daily basis is to buy a big bag on sale, squeeze them into a big bowl and then freeze the juice in ice cube trays. Once frozen, pop the cubes out into a large baggie to store and then make some more. Then everyday when you drink your water, pop a lemon cube in and you'll get all that delicious nutrition long after lemons become more difficult to find, or just too darn expensive. And for a real yummy treat the whole family will love, be sure and try my Simple Lemon Bars!
- Check it out: The Weston A. Price Foundation has launched the first in an ongoing series of free weekly podcasts! Click here to listen to your choice of 4 podcasts from experts on the topics of: gentle detox, holistic health for animals, reasons why people get sick and recommendations for turning illness around, and an introduction to WAPF principles.
- I love this video about GETTING TO BED! (I explain how I finally got better about this in my recent post (on sleep AND exercise):
- Did you see this one on Facebook? Mom sues for bait and switch in maternity care.
- I love this song! Have you seen this adorable video of Dick Van Dyke dancing to The Dustbowl Revival's song “Never Had To Go“? The man's energy at 90 is astounding. Be sure and check out his book, Keep Moving, for all his age-defying secrets.
- *Did you catch all of these recent posts? Here they are in case you missed them:
- How to Be the BEST Mother-in-Law EVER
- DIY Laundry Soap, plus Alternative Bleach, Fabric Softener, Deodorizers, and Stain Removers — Replace ALL Your Laundry Products!
- We’ll Never Raise Chickens Ourselves! (But I said that about homeschooling too…)
- TIME for a 10-Day NOURISHING RESTART? Eat Better & Feel Great with other Real Foodies!
- Healthy Chocolate Fudgesicles (Homemade Creamy Chocolate Pudding) — Gluten Free!
- Have a good week everyone!
(Affiliate links are often included in Morning Mix-up posts. Check out my affiliate disclaimer here.)