Do you love Real Food? Do you want to share a blog post without the headache of a blog? If you already have a blog, do you want to draw more traffic there?
Guest posting is a great way to do all of that.
I think it would be interesting for my readers to hear from someone else now and then, so if you have a burning topic on your mind and would like to write a guest post here…
The best thing you can do is make it easy on me! Here's how:
- Please be sure you are writing content that matches that which is normally found here on my site. A new topic that I haven’t covered is great, or a Real Food recipe, etc. But nothing that wouldn’t fit please.
- IMPORTANT: Send me your post to look over right in the body of the email or in a .txt file, NOT a Word doc, because that mangles html text, AND attach a picture that goes with the post or more than one to make the post more interesting. Don't forget a photo credit if necessary. Don't use just any picture off the internet, you need to find pictures from copyright-free sources such as this one. (I'll still need the photo credit even if it's from that site.)
- Even better, send me the whole post, with pictures already included and your bio at the bottom with links to your blog and a picture of yourself, all in html format using a text edit program so the copy doesn't get all mangled. The easier you make it on me, the faster I'll get it posted!
- If you want to write a guest post and include a link to “Nursing schools of America” or some other similar site, please don’t ask me because I won’t accept those type of posts that are only after a link back to an unrelated site: I do NOT accept posts from content writers.
- Submissions must be new articles only please.
- I prefer at least 800 words.
- Please don’t run the same post at your blog (Google doesn’t like that and could penalize both of us), but a link from your blog over here would be great, and you could include a short excerpt or lead-in.
- Also include a short bio on yourself with a link to your site if applicable, and a picture too if you're willing. 🙂
- More information on recipe guest posts.
Email your submissions so I can look them over and see if they would be a good fit for my site: Kelly@KellytheKitchenKop.com. They won't always be a good fit, so please don't be offended if I choose not to use it.
Keep in mind…
I cannot offer compensation to guest bloggers, but it would be a good way to promote your writing or your own blog, or just to share your thoughts on whatever it is you're passionate about.
Articles I’m particularly looking for (but I’d be happy to look over any and all):
I’ll update this list as I think of more…
- Holiday posts are always fun! Anything related to an upcoming holiday or celebration (like Superbowl Sunday for example).
- Healthy Cookware (not healthy bakeware, I’ve already covered that one) – answer questions like, “are there different types of stainless steel, and does it matter which kinds you use?” (magnetized, not magnetized, what about nickel allergies?), “why are Teflon or non-stick pans so bad?”, “why is cast iron a good choice?”, “what about ceramic or enamel pots and pans?” “What about lead in crock-pots?”
- Product or book reviews that I haven’t covered yet.
- Vaccinations – pros and cons, what was your decision and why? What convinced you? If you chose not to vaccinate, how did you handle it with your doctor, your child’s school, etc. I’ve written posts on the topic of vaccination decisions, but it is good to hear from others, too.
- Do you have an especially interesting story of how REAL FOOD has changed your life or helped you become well? Everyone loves a good story!
- What else have you researched that you’re passionate about? Shoot me more ideas, I’d love to hear from you.
- New recipes that I haven’t covered yet, or one I have covered that you make in a very unique way.