At our annual bible study Christmas potluck earlier this month, our friends David and Michelle brought this fabulously tasty salad that I had to share with you!
Apple and Goat Cheese Salad with Toasted Pine Nuts
The amounts listed don’t have to be exact, just adjust to your own taste and according to how many you’re serving. Use organic ingredients if possible.
- Romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped small
- 2 apples, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 8 oz. goat cheese, in pieces
- Toasted pine nuts (either fry them in a pan with a little butter, or put them on a buttered cookie sheet in a 350* oven until lightly browned)
- Your favorite balsamic dressing
- More salad recipes are here in my salad index post!
- Or check out Kristen’s Simply Salads by Season e-book!