Good morning readers! Saturday’s benefit for our friends was absolutely awesome. I am tired, but so happy. Aren’t they a beautiful family? On the inside and out.
Since I’ve been playing catch-up ever since, plus getting last-minute plans around for school to start next week, today will be short and sweet!
- Ever wonder what NOT to put down the garbage disposal? Can you believe that it’s bad to put PASTA down? I found that out first-hand last week and Kent was not happy with me when he had to take the drain apart again. (We had to learn the same way about potato peels, oops.) He insisted it was the old spaghetti I put down, but I didn’t believe him – how could it not handle something as soft as noodles? So I had to consult my old friend, Mr. Google, and dang it, sure enough. Apparently pasta swells up in there, which confirmed that Kent was right. I hate when that happens.
- Speaking of back to school, check out my local blogging friend, Katie’s, new book: The Healthy Lunchbox! She’s got a whole book full of lunch ideas without sandwiches in case you’re sick of them OR if you can’t eat bread.
- Did any of you see this short wordless flick on factory farms? Obviously I hate factory farms, too, but it’s obvious in the comments that the person who uploaded the video believes all meat is bad. This drives me crazy, just as it did when I wrote this post after visiting an Art Prize exhibit: Are Meat Eaters Ruining the Earth? How about the better option of safe, humanely raised meat from local farmers or online sources you can trust?!!!
- GET ME OUT OF HERE! Did you catch Jo-Lynn’s explanation of the latest frustrating gmail changes? I haven’t seen the changes in my own inbox yet, but maybe you have. If so, read more here so you know what to do.
- Here’s an interesting link on the MMR vaccine: Courts quietly confirm MMR Vaccine causes Autism. Let me know what you think.
- This is sort of random but is anyone else sick of their fitted sheets coming off? Our boys’ bed has a smaller depth than most fitted sheets and it’s always loose or just totally on their floor, so I ordered these sheet suspenders. If you have them I hope you’ll say they work. The reviews were good at least. Here’s what readers on Facebook said about this.
- Check out this wild picture on Facebook that over 37,000 people have seen so far! Like it here. Pin it here.
- Just making sure you saw Saturday’s post on the Bakers: Assistant Attorney General Admits: DNR’s Goal is to Put Farmer, Mark Baker, Out of Business.
- If you’re gearing up for homeschooling, you may want to scan through my homeschooling posts for some interesting discussions.
- I’ll see you here later this week for Real Food Wednesday! (Did you know that participating is a great way to get more traffic to your blog OR to learn more about Real Food and get some great new recipes, too?!)