Real Food Wednesday Blog Carnival June 10th, 2009 – Share YOUR Post or Comment!

June 10, 2009 · 39 comments

Be sure to check out the links as they come in for Real Food Wednesday – there is so much to learn from all of you!

WHAT’S A BLOG CARNIVAL?!

If you wonder what a blog carnival is or what Real Food is, this Real Food Wednesday post explains all that.

MORE TRAFFIC FOR YOUR BLOG!

Remember that if you add a link to your Real Food post, it helps draw traffic to your blog.  Not only that, but Cheeseslave, Food Renegade & I have a deal that we Stumble all the links at each other’s carnival posts, so you’ll get an extra boost in traffic that way, too!

GET TO KNOW “MR. LINKY”

If you have a blog, please use “Mr. Linky” below to add your post about anything at all related to Real Food!  If you don’t have a blog, please share with us in the comments!

DON’T FORGET YOUR MANNERS!

PLEASE remember your blog carnival etiquette, though, and always link back to this post so your readers can learn more, too!

(I hate to be a tough guy about it, but blog carnivals are more work than meets the eye, so if you forget to link back, or if you link to an inappropriate post, I reserve the right to use my delete button.  Just as I say to my day care kids, “Let’s play nice so we can all have fun!”)

• Check out Ann Marie’s post:  How to Make Vanilla Extract.  (She & I take turns hosting.)
  • For my RFW post today, I tell you all about my recent Kitchen Mishap. Be warned, if you didn’t already know what a dingbat I am, these pictures will make it real clear for you…

1 Accidental Huswife June 10, 2009 at 2:41 am

Hi!

Thanks for hosting this carnival! I am new to it, so hope all is as requested.

Love your blog!

2 CHEESESLAVE June 10, 2009 at 9:25 am

Kelly – My post is accidentally listed twice. Can you delete one of them?

CHEESESLAVE

3 Rebecca in Michigan June 10, 2009 at 9:42 am

I wanted to share with you all a really cool website. It is called ebrandaid.
    I cut and paste what they stated on their first page.

BrandAid, The Ultimate Grocery Guide to Healthy Brand-Name Shopping is a free, bi-weekly e-newsletter with one single mission:
    There

4 Raine Saunders June 10, 2009 at 10:13 am

Hi, Thanks Kelly! My post is about food allergies and the health and financial implications of allowing them to go on by consuming industrial and processed foods. Happy carnival to everyone!

Raine Saunders

5 Ruth June 10, 2009 at 10:30 am

What a fantastic carnival. I’m always writing about local food finds. And last night we had the most fantastic dinner at Fid Resto here in Halifax. No wonder they won The Coast (local paper) readers choice award for 2009 best restaurant. You can see what we ate and be very jealous…unless you plan on a visit there yourself. #realfood

Ruth

6 Local Nourishment June 10, 2009 at 12:00 pm

I finally found out what kohlrabi is, cooked with it, and almost got a taste. The family beat me to it, though, and didn’t even save me some!

Local Nourishment

7 Matt (No Meat Athlete) June 10, 2009 at 12:32 pm

I just added a post I wrote recently about moderation, that easy-to-prescribe “solution” to all diet woes. I got really frustrated reading Mark Bittman’s Food Matters that he seemed to be arguing for moderation as the way to lose weight. I agree that it’s a great long-term strategy for people who are already healthy, but it’s such a slippery slope for problem eaters.

8 Zachary Cohen June 10, 2009 at 1:07 pm

Love the carnival this week. I submitted my review of Michael Pollan’s last book, In Defense of Food. Unfortunately, it is not a totally positive review as I argue that what made Pollan’s last work so stunning successful was an engaging narrative that pulled readers in and made them care. There was more detachment in this book which I am not so sure aided the reader. Nevertheless, an important book and one that we should all read if we care about our health, the predicament our country finds itself in and other issues of this nature!

Zachary Cohen

9 Girl Gone Domestic June 10, 2009 at 1:07 pm

My post is on my love for my kitchen these days…My Kitchen, My Throne.

Girl Gone Domestic

10 FarmgirlCyn (Cindy) June 10, 2009 at 8:04 pm

Kelly….SO new to this, I listed the 1st one and linked directly to my blog, NOT the blog post.
    So, did it again, this time I did it right!
    Please try to take #26 off.
    Sorry.
    Cindy

FarmgirlCyn (Cindy)

11 Ren June 10, 2009 at 10:19 pm

Hi, Kelly,

Today I’ve made a Southern style bean soup with fresh garden vegetables, a smoked knuckle and healing bone broth.

Thanks for another great carnival! I’ll tell you, if I were to post all of my mishaps I’d need a 2nd blog ;-)

Ren

12 Zachary Cohen June 10, 2009 at 10:32 pm

I just wanted to say that my blog had its best traffic day ever, and I got over 150 hits from Stumble!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Zachary Cohen

13 Kelly June 11, 2009 at 2:08 am

SUCH great posts, everyone, and I’m so glad you’re getting good traffic and stumbles, that’s what it’s all about…well, that and of course learning more about REAL HEALTH and REAL FOOD! :)

Rebecca, thanks for the BrandAid info. I was afraid that the site would be full of the typical “saturated fat is bad” mumbo jumbo, but while it doesn’t talk about sat. fat’s benefits (and recommend them), it doesn’t run them into the ground, either. I saw some good back-posts.

Matt, I couldn’t agree more – that “moderation ” word has always bugged me. (I wrote about it here: http://kellythekitchenkop.com/2009/01/high-fructose-corn-syrup-ok-in-moderation.html)

14 Accidental Huswfe June 11, 2009 at 8:57 am

Hi!

I really enjoyed yesterday’s carnival so much! Had a great time looking at everyone’s stuff! Thanks for hosting, Kelly.

Accidental Huswfe

15 Alyss June 14, 2009 at 4:56 pm

I posted about my pheasant cooking experience. Yum!

Alyss