- Before I get you all upset (see the next topic), I’ll tell you a couple of fun announcements! First, our Real Food T-shirts & Shopping Bags are finally available for sale online! (FYI: We don't have a lot of each size left, especially the “butter” shirts.) Also, my other post today is a new giveaway: A recipe card subscription from Jenny at Nourished Kitchen – be sure to go sign up! Then you can go check out the giveaway at Jenny's blog for a Health Beauty Kit from Actual Organics. Lastly, remember to go sign up for the Cheeseslave Menus by Mail giveaway – this one ends Wednesday.
- See if this Missouri raw milk story gets you as ticked off as it does me. Not long ago I told you about a similar “sting” in GA – this picture makes my blood boil. Here’s more on that and the raw milk “crackdowns” in Wisconsin. The WI man they’re going after, Max Kane, has a court date on December 21st. Now let’s all go to the gas station to get our cigarettes and our high fructose corn syrup chemical-filled soda pop, ya wanna?
- Have you seen my complete list of raw milk posts? (Everything you’d ever want to know.)
- Thanks to Megan G. who emailed me last week to say that “Food, Inc.” just got put on “Netflix Watch Instantly”. I don’t use Netflix, so I don’t know what that means, but I have a pretty good idea… You have GOT to see this movie. Read what I thought of Food, Inc. (The trailer gives me chills every time.) Also, see this post The Truth about Food, Inc. – an interesting interview with Michael Pollan & the film maker. One more – Jeanmarie wrote a great Food, Inc. movie review!
- I recently made this fermented cranberry relish. Now that I know fermented foods like this one aren’t side dishes, but instead are meant to be eaten as a condiment (only a little at a time to help digestion), it goes down much easier. This tasted really good and I was excited that I loved one more fermented food. (There are some that I haven’t liked.) I’m going to freeze it in small quantities since you only serve a little bit at a time.
- Have you taken a look at my new Real Food Ingredient Guide yet? Here are more Real Food Christmas ideas!
- Kim Hartke had a great guest post last week: “What to Tell Vegetarians Who Say Eating Meat is Immoral.” After reading this I wanted to stand up and do a happy dance. It is also a great follow up to my post, “Are Meat Eaters Ruining the Earth?”
Have a great week!