Homemade Creamy Chocolate Pudding Recipe
Yield 5-6 Servings
First make the pudding, then with the leftovers you can make the healthy chocolate fudgesicles — see below. My creamy chocolate pudding is from a few different recipes I pulled together and experimented with — if you're a chocolate freak, too, you'll love it…
- In a medium saucepan, whisk everything together except the arrowroot and start to cook over medium heat.
- As it starts to get hot, put a couple tablespoons into a small bowl with the arrowroot and whisk well, keep adding more hot pudding and whisking, and picking any lumps out that might form.
- Keep doing this until you have a bowl-full of smooth pudding, and then stir this back into the rest of the pudding in the pan. (This is how to do it gradually so lumps don't form.)
- Continue cooking, stirring/whisking continuously until pudding thickens – don't walk away or it will burn, this will likely take about 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and it will continue to set as it cools. If you have leftovers for the fridge, let the pudding cool completely, and then place a piece of plastic wrap on top so you can easily lift off the gummy top that will form. You don't have to do that, but some don't like that layer that forms on top.
Recipe by Kelly the Kitchen Kop at https://kellythekitchenkop.com/healthy-chocolate-fudgesicles-homemade-creamy-chocolate-pudding/