It’s one of those Mondays where there’s just a ton of good stuff that has come across my computer this week and I can’t wait to share it all with you!
- Coming up tomorrow: the last in Kitchen Stewardship’s Clean Out the Junk series! Claire will blog about Debt and I’ll link up with my recent post, “5 Dave Ramsey money principles and 5 Kitchen Kop Real Food principles.”
- An awesome rhyming post, you're sure to agree, read the ABC's of the food industry!
- If you’d like the latest scoop about when I’ll be launching my Online Real Food Rookie Class, I hope you’ll sign up for my FREE Kitchen Kop Newsletter, as I’ll be sending one out later this week and share the latest information there only. You’ll also have a chance to win a Real Food Ingredient Guide! (And don’t worry, I hate over-flowing email inboxes, too. I only send them out if I have something juicy to tell you about.)
- I’m trying to get better about using all natural cleaners, laundry soap, etc. around the house and just came across this from Kir Devries that I’m excited to try. Here’s some of what I read about it: it’s non-toxic and replaces laundry detergent, dish soap, window glass cleaner, bathroom & kitchen cleaner, pet shampoo, carpet cleaner, hand cleaner, etc. It’s ultra concentrated so one pump squirt washes a load of laundry or 1 pump squirt mixes one bottle of all purpose cleaner. If anyone has tried this one, let me know what you thought. There’s so much “natural” stuff available I don’t know how I’m supposed to figure out which ones to choose. I like how economical and versatile this one is, though.
- 10 Ways you can eat sustainably. Another great post I came across last week.
- Should you drink coffee? That’s a post title that will always grab my eye. You know what I’ve been drinking lately if I don’t feel like coffee (rare) or if I’ve already had some that day? Hot water with a tablespoon of coconut oil. Readers had suggested that a LONG time ago, but sometimes it takes me a while to get around to trying something. Now that I have, it has really grown on me. I often just want a hot drink and it doesn’t always have to be coffee, so this does the trick AND it’s good for me, too! (Where to get good coconut oil.)
- Isn’t this an interesting article on pesticides and ADHD?
- Check out Elizabeth’s great review of a book that I’ve often recommended to others, but never read myself: Good Calories, Bad Calories. If you’ve read it, let us know what you thought.