Real Food Wednesday 2/2/11

February 2, 2011 · 64 comments

RealFoodWednesdays

It’s that crazy time of the week when you entice us with your links and comments to go check out your blogs and your great REAL FOOD WEDNESDAY tips and ideas! (If you’re a blogger, you’ll draw some good traffic to your site…)

First, can you help?

1.  It’s not easy for me to catch them all on my own, and I’d really like everyone to play fair, so if you see any posts that don’t link back to this post (blog carnival etiquette you know!) , can you email me please?  Kelly@KellytheKitchenKop.com.  (I hate playing hardball and removing links, so let’s all be good to the others who are bringing more traffic to your blogs with their links by doing the same, OK?)

2.  Also, PLEASE let me know if you see a post that is blatantly not Real Food.  Someone who is striving and on the journey is one thing (as we all are), but if it’s really bad (canned bread, Velveeta, margarine, Egg Beaters, unfermented soy or any other fake food), please tell me so I can remove it.  (If I’ve removed your post, I hope there are no hard feelings, but people come to this post for Real Food ideas, and I don’t want to disappoint.)

3.  I hope you’ll retweet and stumble this post and also any sites you visit – this will get more exposure to all of us, thank you!

4.  Don’t have a blog? We still want to hear from you!  Please leave your tips or recipes in the comments.

Thank you!

You’re up, and we can’t wait to see your stuff!

1 KitchenKop February 2, 2011 at 12:48 am

Mr. Linky is acting up, so I’m not sure where that box was when the post first went live, but it’s there now. Sorry all!

2 Butterpoweredbike February 2, 2011 at 1:02 am

Mr. Linky! Hi Kelly, thanks for hosting :) I’m sharing a sweet and sour pork recipe that I made using foraged rosehips. Because of the snow storm, I didn’t get to use the veg I had wanted, but the dish still turned out amazing.

3 Lisa @ Happy in Dole Valley February 2, 2011 at 1:13 am

Thanks for hosting. Looking forward to lots of great ideas this week. :) Blessings!

4 Sharon February 2, 2011 at 1:37 am

Looking ahead to Superbowl Sunday with a healthy, munchy snack! Thanks for hosting!

5 Denise @ Creative Kitchen February 2, 2011 at 1:52 am

Oops Kelly I messed up! #6 was me, but didn’t realize I needed to put the name of the recipe instead of my name. I posted/linked up under #7 too with the proper name. Hope this can be corrected. Sorry!! My first time participating, and thanks for hosting!!

6 the good soup February 2, 2011 at 2:35 am

Hi Kelly, I’ve posted a link to one of my baby food posts- we’ve been working with Paul Pitchford’s Healing with Wholefoods book, and Grain Milk is inspired by him. Hope you all enjoy! I love Real Food Wednesday!!

PS, I’m organising a Blog Carnival on Ethical Eating. I’m putting a call out for all bloggers that write on veganism, vegetarianism, local food, ecological farming, organics, wholefoods, cruelty free eating, or any other sort of ethical eating. I would love you to be involved. If you have a worthy post, please visit my site and leave me a comment, anywhere, with a link to your post, or email me direct at angela@thegoodsoup.com

7 hellaD February 2, 2011 at 4:11 am

Hey Kelly! Thanks for this great blog carnival. I love Real Food Wednesday, it’s really one of my favorite days of the week lately, also because I get to pick up my raw milk share that day. Our cowshare is facing lots of legal challenges this month and we need all the support we can get from the blogosphere! Join the fun and lets get the buzz going :)

8 Lisa Sargese February 2, 2011 at 4:15 am

My mother grew up during the Great Depression. There was ONLY real food for her back then!

9 April@The 21st Century Housewife February 2, 2011 at 4:27 am

Thanks so much for hosting Kelly! I’ve linked up some wonderful healthy homemade salad dressing recipes. Hope you are having a good week!

10 chris@getrealchris February 2, 2011 at 5:24 am

Happy Groundhog’s Day everyone! Today I’m sharing my recipe for Basic Tomato Sauce so you can ditch the commercially prepared stuff.

11 Christina February 2, 2011 at 6:43 am

I’ve made a lot of changes to eat more real food. Want to give me suggestions for how to make more?

12 lisa February 2, 2011 at 7:37 am

Hi, just linking up a recipe for sourdough bagels :)

13 Jenn V. February 2, 2011 at 7:46 am

#22 – The beginning of a new series on Non Toxic Personal Care. Here are a few painless changes to make now!

14 Kristia@Family Balance Sheet February 2, 2011 at 8:01 am

Thanks for the link-up. I’ve linked one of our favorite side dishes – Smashed Garlic Parm Potatoes, aka Lazy Potatoes.

15 Elizabeth @ The Nourished Life February 2, 2011 at 8:14 am

Ever feel like you’re always battling with what you eat? If trying to follow the “perfect” diet is stressing you out, it’s time to make peace with food.

16 Belinda @zomppa February 2, 2011 at 8:24 am

Another wonderful round-up – pumpkin pie smoothie?? I’m sold!

17 Grace February 2, 2011 at 8:29 am

This week I shared a yummy recipe for chicken avocado salad! Enjoy! Thanks for hosting!

18 Garden Variety Mama February 2, 2011 at 9:01 am

Thanks for hosting! This week I’m sharing my recipe for Balsamic Carrot Apple Salad with walnuts and feta. Super yummy, and super easy to make. And the kids love it!

19 Diana@Spain in Iowa February 2, 2011 at 9:07 am

Just posted my winter root vegetable beef stew! Thanks for hosting Real Food Wednesdays Kelly :D

20 Peggy February 2, 2011 at 9:22 am

I used to make my Cheddar Potato Soup with all kinds of “healthy” things like soy flavoring and bouillon cubes. Now I just use…food. Imagine!

21 Soli February 2, 2011 at 9:27 am

Greetings from Ice Land!

This week I am sharing some tips for making life in the kitchen easier, which I’ve been picking up as I cook more.

22 The Prairie Homestead February 2, 2011 at 9:32 am

I’m still playing around with sprouted flour this week! So I linked my sprouted cookie recipe. Thanks for hosting!

23 jenna Food WIth Kid Appeal February 2, 2011 at 9:44 am

I’m sharing an inspiring story from a FwKA reader who got together a group of parents to get a school garden plan approved at a public school. Don’t miss a chance to see how horrid the school lunches are at her son’s school. Trix yogurt and low fat cheese stick is the “lite” lunch option. stay warm and safe everyone!

24 Chris @ Natural Health Goodies February 2, 2011 at 10:28 am

Jenna, All I can say is Wow! That is gross – we were looking into school lunches for our new kindergartner this year but after seeing what they were offering it’s just depressing what they consider healthy.

25 Chris @ Natural Health Goodies February 2, 2011 at 10:30 am

This week I have a discussion post I’d like everyone’s help with – I was looking into what to cure a new bamboo cutting board with and everyone says mineral oil – but mineral oil is a gasoline byproduct how can that be safe? So please visit and add your input. Happy Wednesday! :)

26 Wendy (The Local Cook) February 2, 2011 at 10:59 am

Thanks for hosting! Hope to see you at the next Nourishing Ways workshop!

27 Wardeh @ GNOWFGLINS February 2, 2011 at 11:54 am

Hi, Kelly and everyone. :) Well, in spite of the fact that I submitted my link before checking that the spelling and grammar were correct, I did add a link today. It is a baked sausage & potato omelet. I hope you like it! What I like is that you can’t screw it up. :)

28 Lindsey @ Enjoying Healthy Foods February 2, 2011 at 12:16 pm

This week I am sharing a Pan Seared Tuna and Avocado meal! It had awesome flavor. Even though Hubby and I aren’t Tuna fans we enjoyed this!

29 Angela W February 2, 2011 at 12:43 pm

I’m sharing my recipe for Papa’s Chicken! So simple, so good!

30 leah February 2, 2011 at 1:15 pm

I posted a recipe for one of my very favorite salad dressings. Thanks for hosting, Kelly!

31 Dori February 2, 2011 at 1:25 pm

I’m sharing my recipe for 5-step Kombucha

32 Andrea (Andreas Kitchen) February 2, 2011 at 1:53 pm

Hi Kelly!
    This week I am sharing my recipe for Apple Oatmeal Muffins. This recipe is gluten free, but it can be made with “regular” flour if you don’t have an issue with gluten.
    Thanks for hosting!

33 Ashley February 2, 2011 at 2:20 pm

Hi RFW gang!

This week I’m sharing my recipe for mayonnaise. I’ve finally tweaked it so that it’s just where my family likes it and I hope your does too! Also I’m sending a call-out for recipes that use mayo :).

34 Kim February 2, 2011 at 2:24 pm

Shared a low carb gluten free sandwich “bread” with the world! Hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

35 Megan @ Purple Dancing Dahlias February 2, 2011 at 3:53 pm

Hi ~ linked up a recipe for Creamy Sesame Beans and Celery. Also in my post is a way to maximize your growing space by utilized vertical growing plants.

36 Katie @ Wellness Mama February 2, 2011 at 4:44 pm

Some great recipe ideas this week! Thanks guys!

37 Primal Toad February 2, 2011 at 5:07 pm

Awesome recipes! I have a little post about eating more fat for a healthier heart!

38 Miz Helen February 2, 2011 at 5:51 pm

So sorry it took me so long to get back here and make a comment today. We are having a rolling electric black out here in Texas today. I brought my Herb Roasted Chicken with Winter Vegetables. Hope you have a great week!

39 Kaitlin February 2, 2011 at 9:31 pm

First time I’ve posted here! I added a recipe for thai coconut soup (Tom Kha Gai: San Ysidro Farms) We are a small scale organic farm in Fredericksburg, Virginia!

40 Christine February 2, 2011 at 11:16 pm

This is also the first time I’ve posted here – everything sounds so tasty! I submitted a bean and quinoa salad that I made recently.

I have to admit that I was a bit of a delinquent and just typed my name instead of the name of the recipe in the first link I submitted (whoops!), so if it could be deleted, that would be wonderful. :)

41 Amanda @ the Rebuild blog February 4, 2011 at 3:14 pm

Hey everyone. I posted about a call for recipes at the iron rich foods site.

42 Nourishing Nancy February 4, 2011 at 5:19 pm

Ah yes, better late than never. Thanks for hosting, Kelly! I received a lot of questions about my experiences on the GAPS diet, so here is a post outlining the introduction phase: which seems to cause some confusion. Has anyone had any other experience with the intro phase?

43 Shu Han February 7, 2011 at 7:49 pm

I’m sharing a really really delicious Korean pork bone broth! Hope all you real-fooders can check it out and leave a comment(:

44 Myra February 14, 2011 at 9:49 am

I am a fairly new blogger and just now learned how to add links to my blog!
    Thanks for what you are doing. We cannot, must not give up.
    MyraSaidIt

Visit me here to learn about GMOs, Pesticides, and Insecticides.

45 Lin Ann February 16, 2011 at 2:20 pm

Today is the first day I’ve heard of this. Great idea! The first time I submitted my entry I thought the block that said enter “your name” meant my name! I’ve corrected it submitted the name of my recipe on my blog. I’m going to look around now at others!