It’s Sunday now, the week has gotten away from me, and I’m trying to hurry and finish this up because my cable internet has been spotty over the weekend. If it’s not one technical issue, it’s another! I’m thanking God and happy to tell you, though, that because of my friend Carl, and also Sal at my host company, Media Temple (I love them), most all of my main tech issues have been resolved this week!
- Stay tuned here (and please subscribe using the buttons above if you haven't already!) because very soon I'll be doing a giveaway for a great new homeschooling textbook all about Real Food! I'm so excited to promote this, more to come…
- To any Moms out there, is this your kids’ last week of school, too? You can probably relate to that bittersweet feeling that you get when summer is here. It’s nice having the kids around more, sleeping in, no schedules, and fun beach or pool days… But yet the bickering and constant interruptions when I try to get work done can be tricky. If any of you have some good summer parenting strategies to share, feel free and God bless us all! 🙂
- Speaking of summer, do any of you local readers (near Grand Rapids, Michigan) need some ideas for fun things to do? Stay tuned in to the Big Binder blog or the GR Kids blog – those two will keep you from getting bored. (Are there really people in the world who get bored sometimes?)
- Saturday our farm market opened! Of course my first stop was to see Andrew & Rachelle from Earthkeeper farm, my favorite vendors! I can’t wait to show you their farm and let you hear from them in my upcoming Rookie class, I got some great film there and they have a lot to teach you!
- Don’t forget Real Food Wednesday this week! Also my friend, Alex, asked me to pass this along: “I just wanted to personally invite you to the launch this coming Tuesday, of the Two for Tuesdays Recipe Carnival at A Moderate Life! You can share two recipes, a recipe with variations or any info on real foods preparation.” Another new carnival I’ve been jumping in on is a Friday one at www.HealthFoodLover.com, along with Fight Back Fridays from www.FoodRenegade.com. Carnivals are a great way for readers to find great tips and ideas and for bloggers to get more traffic and exposure to your blog!
- Kent sent me two links this week to posts having to do with pesticides. The first one is about how toxic chemicals can get into the womb (we all knew that though, right?), and the other is a CNN article about the “Dirty Dozen” – if you don't know what that is, you really should read this. Those of you who ARE up on that list from the Environmental Working Group, what do you think about this post: Has the EWG gone to the dark side?
- Lastly, here are a couple posts from my archives that you may not have seen: Dirty Little Secrets of the Food Industry. And in case you need some new ideas for books to read this summer, check out my favorite book suggestions.
Have a great week everyone!