Good morning, Reader Friends, how was your weekend? If you have anything interesting to share with us in the comments, feel free. It’s the Monday Mix-Up after all, so anything goes. 🙂
- Don’t miss the juicy comments on CAFOs at last week’s post on factory farms.
- I’m so thankful to all of you who shared great ideas for my niece in this post: Frugal and Nourishing Meal Ideas for One. If you have more ideas for her, I hope you’ll add them there. 🙂
- You may have seen my recent Tweet with a link to Tom Naughton’s funny (sad but true?) interview with the NuVal people. Supposedly the Nuval system will help us make better food choices, and it’s based on advice from the “experts”. I’m sure they have great intentions, too bad they’re pushing the same politically correct advice that continues to make us sick! One example: Skim milk has a better score than 2% milk, and whole milk isn’t even shown in their brochure… tsk tsk tsk. Let me know what you think about all this.
- This is off-topic, but as I said, it’s Monday! Have you looked at these gorgeous beach or mountain vacation rentals that are owned by my friend, fellow-blogger, and Sally Fallon Morell’s publicist, Kimberly Hartke? (I double checked with Kimberly, and as much as I love how “Sally Fallon” flows off your tongue, Sally prefers to also use her husband's name now. Hopefully I'll remember…) Also, check out this fun video at Kimberly's blog: Hip Hop Artists Rap About A Healthy Diet.
- A couple reminders: did you join my Kitchen Kop Facebook page yet (by clicking “like” there)? By the way, if you’ve “friended” me on my original FB page, this one is different, so I hope you’ll “like” me on this one. Confused yet? Also, my Rookie Class is set to launch NEXT month, so if you want to be the first to know exactly when, be sure to sign up for the Kitchen Kop Newsletter and a chance to win a Real Food Ingredient Guide.
- Hey Kitchen Kop, lay off! (Just thought you might want to read that post from a while ago…)
- Know anyone who has a baby with infant reflux or colic? Check out my friend, Annette’s, Pollywog Baby site for help. “Babies are being medicated for infant reflux at an alarming rate these days, often before common sense lifestyle changes are recommended.”
- Our little town has been grieving for a couple weeks now and I wrote about it on my Christianity 101 blog the other day.
- Coming up tomorrow: next in Kitchen Stewardship’s Clean Out the Junk series: Info on Pesticides from Heavenly Homemakers. I’ll be linking to my post from a while back where I pulled a few different links about pesticides together. If you have a post to share be sure to link up tomorrow.
Have a great week!