Good morning everyone, are you all recovered from over-eating and shopping 'til you drop? Personally, I shopped from my couch this year with a cup of coffee in-hand. That's just so much more appealing than going out into the cold to fight the crowds, don't you think?
Speaking of online shopping, by the way, I mentioned this Thursday but many of you probably weren't online that day, so I'll ask one more time… When you do your shopping, your Amazon shopping to be specific, I have a BIG FAVOR to ask you. If you click into their site through this Amazon link (or anytime through the little Amazon colored badge on the right), I’d reeeeeeally be thankful as I get a small commission on any sales you make through there – it costs exactly the same for you, though. This helps offset expenses to run this site – there’s always something not working right or something that needs upkeep around here, and I can’t blame those issues on the kids like I can when something is broke around the house!
On to today's links…
- Don't forget to take advantage of the HUGE Black Friday blowout sale (now we'll call it “Cyber Monday”!), still going on through today – there are all sorts of Real Foodie e-books and classes on sale from your favorite bloggers!
- I've been watching videos of Tim Ferris on Dr. Oz and I think I'm going to check out his book, The 4-Hour Chef: The Simple Path to Cooking Like a Pro, Learning Anything, and Living the Good Life – have any of you read it yet? I'm still watching (as I work on this post) and bummer, he just lost some credibility with me. While he offers a lot of really good info about losing weight (it's more about what you eat than exercise) or how to include new foods into your diet, in one of the videos he just recommended powdered whey protein isolate with skim milk for a breakfast smoothie – ACK! I would definitely recommend a Real Food protein shake instead! Also, have you seen this one: Soy Protein Shakes, Almond Milk, and Other Fake Foods People Think Are Good For Them.
- Those of you who have been to any of the Wise Traditions / Weston A. Price conferences, I have a question for you… You know how the vendor areas are always chock full of really awesome Real Foodie or natural product companies? Many of them are sponsors here on the blog and they're also my friends. What would you think if you walked through there and saw Pepsi and Coke booths? Apparently that's what you see when you go to Dietitian conferences. Read more: Are Dietitians Being “Bought Off” by Junk Food Companies? Shocking isn't it?! (Thank you Lycette for sharing this article.)
- Which reminds me, PLEASE will you send me your links when you find something interesting throughout the week in your online reading? It's great when I have some good stuff on hand to choose from for these Monday posts. Thanks! 🙂
- Have you “liked” the Farm to Consumer Legal Defense Fund Facebook page yet? That would be a small way to support a great organization that helps our beloved farmers when they're facing charges for terrible crimes like (GASP!) providing us with fresh milk to nourish our families. (Also get some of their cool t-shirts right now for 40% off!)
- As if we need more evidence that the GMO industry is slimy, check out this sad article: China investigates whether children used in GMO ‘golden rice' trial.
Have a great week!