The picture above is from Fox News, and it shows where an earthquake originated here in Michigan on Saturday! Yep, you read that right, pretty wild, huh? I was driving and Kent was biking, so neither of us or the kids felt it, but all our neighbors say it was freaky. Read more here if you're interested: 4.2 Magnitude Earthquake Felt Across West Michigan.
Here's what I've found for you this week…
- Know anyone dealing with this? Click here to find help for how to get rid of eczema! Or just get the book by my friend Emily: The Eczema Cure.
- Hey Moms, here are a couple of posts I sent to a friend this week and I thought they might help you, too:
- Can Diet Changes *Really* Help a Child with ADHD?
- Is it safe to have a vasectomy or have you tubes tied?
- Tips for feeding your baby/first foods — by the way, the article in the Washington Post recently about raw milk formula really ticked me off, those who feel homemade formula is dangerous are convinced that formula made in a FACTORY is guaranteed safe?! Read my posts about raw milk here. Find homemade baby formula kits complete with everything but the fresh milk and cream here. Learn HOW to make homemade baby formula here.
- Is anyone else SOOOO EXCITED about Chipotle's news this week, that they are completely free of GMOs in their restaurant? We're going there even more now so we can VOTE WITH OUR DOLLARS, and I hope you will too! Sarah wrote an informative post about their choice of oil to switch to from the heart-killer soybean oil they were using: Is Rice Bran Oil a Healthy Choice? Also read about their plan for their tortillas. 🙂
- Did I tell you about my latest new snack find yet? I love this granola. It's not soaked, however the ingredient label is all pronounceable! My favorite is the berry…
- Don't these low-carb Philly Cheese Steak Stuffed Green Peppers look DELISH?! Find more low-carb ideas here.
- This was popular on Facebook last week:
- Another medical kidnapping story! It's happening right now and they need your help. My world is still rocked from THIS story. And do you remember this one? Parents Lose Custody for Being ‘Too Active in Pursuing Health Care Matters for Their Child’.
- There was a LOT of advice if you suffer with asthma in this post. (Not all of it was great advice, one person said, “Go vegan”, yikes! Here's more on why that's not the answer for many reasons.)
- The Dangers of the HPV Vaccination!
- If you're worried about the dangers of too much screen time, you'll want to check out this new option that I'm super excited about. I’m ordering the iPad one first because the kids use that one for school the most:
- 5 Ways to Help Nose-Pickers – I'm curious what you think about the suggestions there. We've always just not made a big deal of it and eventually someone in public (or in school) will laugh at them once and they'll be done!
- I love this about How to Nourish Your Teenagers, since we currently have TWO of them. 🙂
- Did you catch last week’s posts? Here they arein case you missed them:
- A Tragic Story and Why This Michigan Senator ROCKS at Protecting Parental Rights
- Exorcising Pritikin’s Ghost — GOOD News: Throw Out Your Cholesterol Levels Chart!
- Real Food Basics: Be Ready When Someone Asks You These Questions
- The Best Writing Course for Kids (all ages!) and a Request for Curriculum Help with History, Science, Latin
Have a good week everyone!
(Note: Affiliate links are often included in Monday posts. Check out my official disclaimer here.)