Terri’s Chicken Lettuce Wraps like P.F. Changs
We served these with leftover fried rice and egg drop soup.
Servings: 6 wraps or so
- 2 Tablespoons Sesame oil
- 2-3 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 Tablespoon fresh ginger finely chopped
- Celery-about 2 ribs chopped
- 4 ounces cooked chicken preferably pasture-raised chicken, cut up small
- 1/2 can sliced water chestnuts chopped (optional)
- Crushed red pepper to taste
- 2 Tablespoons fermented soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic glaze, balsamic vinegar, or rice wine vinegar
- 8 or more crispy almonds chopped
- 4 green onion chopped
Saute garlic and ginger in sesame oil for a minute or so, then add the other ingredients (all except the green onion and almonds) and cook everything until hot. To serve, place 2 Tablespoons of the mixture in a cold romaine leaf or red leaf lettuce. Add green onions and almonds on top.Serve with buttered rice or fried rice on the side for those who are not eating low-carb.My note: We use organic lettuce and can’t wait to get it from our garden again this summer! The Romaine leaves aren’t as easy to roll up and eat, so I tossed it in a bowl like a salad. If you like extra sauce, you could mix up a little more fermented soy sauce and balsamic glaze.