Apple and Goat Cheese Salad with Toasted Pine Nuts
The amounts listed don't have to be exact, just adjust to your own taste and according to how many you're serving. Use organic ingredients if possible.
- Organic romaine or arugula lettuce chopped
- 1 red onion chopped small
- 2 organic apples peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup organic dried cherries
- 8 ounces goat cheese in pieces
- Toasted pine nuts or another favorite type of nut use this method for crispy nuts to make them even more nutritious. (Make them even more dreamy and crunchy buttery-licious by frying them in a pan with a little butter, or put them on a buttered cookie sheet in a 350* oven until lightly browned.)
- Your favorite balsamic dressing
- Olive oil — remember that the kind you use matters.