Healthy Breakfast Burritos
These healthy breakfast burritos are a simple, nutritious, family favorite!
- Soft tortilla shells -- make sure they don't have trans fats or a ton of preservatives OR make your own!
- Scrambled Egg -- eggs are so good for you
- Veggies of choice local and organic are best -- try different colored peppers, onions fried 'til golden, also avocado or guacamole is delicious in these.
- Optional: Ham sausage, steak, or bacon -- here's where to find safe, healthy meat
- Cheese raw or all-natural cheese is best, no velveeta or processed “American” cheese slices!)
Stir fry meat and veggies in butter to heat them up (not the avocado yet), scramble in the egg, top with cheese until melted then put in a warm tortilla shell along with the avocado/guacamole if desired. Serve with salsa. (Also, you could fry your tortilla in butter to give it a nice crispy shell before melting the cheese on it and adding the other ingredients.)