Gourmet Hot Cocoa Recipe
While this may require a bit more effort than using packeted hot cocoa mix, it's still no big deal because you just throw in the ingredients, stir, and heat it up -- the result is worth it! And it's so much better for you, too.
Servings: 6 Cups
- 1 Tablespoon butter pastured butter is best
- 5 cups whole milk preferably raw milk, never reduced fat milks!
- 2-3 raw egg yolks
- 1/2 cup raw cream – more if you can spare it just decrease the milk (you don't have to use cream, it just makes it…you guessed it, creamier! If you use store-bought cream, don't buy ultra-pasteurized. <– Read that link to learn why!)
- 1/4 cup palm or coconut or other natural sugar add a little more if you need it after taste-testing, but obviously less is better
- 1/8 cup raw honey or real maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder or a little more if you like it to have an even richer chocolate taste
- 1 scoop of this collagen for extra nutrition and you can't taste it! It's made from pasture-raised cows and gives you extra protein and nutrients for your nails, skin, hair, and joints. It even supports gut health and can help reduce inflammation. (Discount with the code KOP.)
- 1-2 Tablespoons of MCT oil if you have it for so many extra health benefits! <-- Scroll down at that link to read them all. If you get some, use the code KOP for a discount.)
- Optional: a little real whipped cream and a sprinkle more of cocoa powder or mini chocolate chips for the top, we like these allergen-free chocolate chips