Delicious Orange Cream Cooler
If you're trying to break your addiction to chain-store smoothies or to Orange Creamsicles, give this recipe a shot.
Servings: 6 Glasses
- 4 pastured egg yolks from a farmer you trust
- 1 1/2 cups real cream raw if possible
- A couple handfuls of ice
- 1 orange peeled, organic if possible (or 4+ oranges if not using juice)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup milk always whole, raw if possible
- Optional: organic orange juice see last instruction
First: blend egg yolks, cream, and ice until the cream looks thickened. Only do this for about a minute.
You don't have to add an orange if you're using juice but if you don't have organic orange juice on hand (see below), just use 4+ oranges and blend a while to get the pulp pieces super small. Be sure to taste it to see if it's orangy enough, if not, add more oranges
Blend until it's frothy, should be a minute or two!
Pour into a glass: equal amounts of the cream mixture and your favorite orange juice, organic if possible. Stir and enjoy!