Italian Beef Crock Pot Recipe
Thank you, Maureen, for this recipe. This is a great meal for long, busy days or a great staple for a party or get-together.
- About 3.5 pounds beef roast or round steak – best with a bone for the nutrient-dense broth it makes as it cooks!
- 3 cups of water OR if your beef doesn't have a bone add in your own homemade broth (we've always got some in the freezer), or store-bought broth (preferably organic) with a little extra gelatin from grassfed animals for more nutrients
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 onions chopped (or dried minced onion)
- 6 cloves garlic chopped (or dried minced garlic)
- 2 Tablespoons natural sugar
Throw all of the ingredients into a crock pot. My meat was frozen solid when I put it in so it took about 7 hours on high before it was fall-apart tender. You could also cook it on low overnight and through the day for dinner the next day. Just adjust to your schedule.
This feeds a lot, so for a family of 4 you could cut this back at least by half. I like having leftovers.
Serve on your favorite bun if desired, or it's also good plain or with mashed potatoes