Hawaiian Ham Sliders Copycat Recipe
Servings: 14 Full Size Sandwiches OR 28 Slider Size
- 14 hamburger buns — we have a local baker who makes delicious fermented bread and buns so I used those this time or you could make these simple homemade buns. You could make 28-30 slider size instead (about half the size of a regular hamburger bun).
- About 12 ounces shredded cheese or more if desired so it's melting all over, yum! — I like mozzarella, but others like swiss.
- Ham slices or turkey if you'd rather, OR just use cheese for a yummy meatless meal — if you can't find good lunchmeat from a farm with pastured animals and no preservatives or other junk inside, you could buy ham from a farmer you trust and slice it thin. (If you don't have a good local source, click here for a safe online source for healthy meat and search for "ham".)
- 1 cup melted butter pastured butter is best, plus more butter for greasing the pan
- 1 teaspoon of fermented soy sauce
- 1/2 Tablespoon onion powder
- 1 Tablespoon poppyseeds
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 Tablespoon molasses
- 1/2 Tablespoon honey
- 3/4 cup homemade mayo about 1 batch -- it's so easy to make homemade, takes less than 5 minutes! Here's the recipe for homemade mayo.