We celebrated yesterday by having friends over for Reuben sandwiches with corned beef from the farm, cole slaw (my own dressing of course), and homemade French fries!
Here's what I found for you today…
- Prepare to SCRATCH! This is a short video of when our daughter had lice, so you can see what they look like. I didn't think we'd survive the ordeal, but we did, and without the dangerous chemicals! Click here to read how we got rid of lice naturally. And watch the icky video here:
- My friend and one of my favorite writers, Hallee the Homemaker, has a new cookbook out – she is SO CLEVER with all her titles and plots, whether it's a cookbook or a Christian suspense novel. In this one, you'll learn how and why to season your cast iron skillet correctly and THEN get a bunch of recipes for what to cook in it. Click here to check out Iron Skillet Man! Or you can find Hallee's other books here.
- Last week was the one-year anniversary of Pope Francis’ papacy, and even if you're not Catholic, you've got to love this video of the Dominican Sisters at the Ann Arbor, Michigan house who were in the middle of recording their first album when they heard the news that there was white smoke… Their reaction is really fun to watch. (Thanks Conversion Diary/Jennifer Fulwiler for sharing it! Don't forget to pre-order Jen's book, which is finally coming out soon!)
- Isn't that whole missing jet story weird and sad? You guys have got to see this: Why the missing Malaysia Arilines flight is so hard to find.
- OK, this one is kind of dumb, but yet fun! Mine was “green stack of books” – Share yours in the comments (come on, it'll be fun!) or here in the Facebook conversation. 🙂
- Here's one I knew you'd love on parenting…
- Have you seen these? 10 Myths About Anxiety, and then read this: 20 Tips on How to Heal Anxiety Naturally, it's a guest post from my friend, Jill.
- This next link and video is wild – it's about people who can hold their breath for a looooooong time…