Do You Want to Teach Your Kids the TRUTH about Real Food?
It has often been said that if you want your kids to pick up your values, you have to be intentional about it. Unfortunately we can't assume that they will always “get” what we want them to just by hanging around and watching us. (Unless it's something you don't want them to pick up, then they'll have it down pat, guaranteed.) If your kids go to school, you know they won't get the proper teaching on nutrition there either. If you homeschool, you still need to be intentional! So if you value Real Food, and the power it has to keep you and your kids healthy or to heal, then you'll want to hear today's audio interview with my friend, Kristen, the Food Renegade. (Scroll down to go straight to the audio interview.)
Did you know there is a new online curriculum made just for you (and really for anyone who wants to teach their kids about Real Food), called the Real Food Nutrition & Health e-Course? What a perfect solution for those of you who don’t feel solid teaching this topic, and need someone to handle it for you! I had a great conversation with Kristen the other day that I’m excited to share with you.
Here are a few of the topics we covered:
- How she became a Real Foodie and the impact the movie, The Future of Food had on her life.
- The shocking story of how she ended up blogging at FoodRenegade.com. (You won’t believe this one…hint: it’s related to a preventative breast cancer treatment.)
- The 3 philosophies that formed her views on homeschooling. (A good conversation to hear for those of you not sure about homeschooling, or who are trying to decide which way to go.)
- The various formats this course will use to reach kids with all different learning styles: video, audio, reading, weekly assignments (an experiment or project), discussion questions, and more!
(Scroll down to go straight to the interview.)
3 Reasons You Need This Class:
- If you’re not strong on the topic of nutrition and want to call in back-ups. No one is strong in every topic, and most homeschoolers look for help in the areas they’re not comfortable teaching.
- If you feel pulled in a zillion different directions (don’t all homeschooling parents feel this way?!) and don’t have the time or energy to cover one more topic, yet you know THIS topic MUST be taught so your kids can grow up healthy and raise healthy kids of their own. You can even choose to have the course graded for you if you want this to be an independent project for your kids to do totally on their own.
- If you don’t have many nutrition resources to do a good job teaching this – Kristen has MANY available to her, and we all know that a variety of materials is important.
Kristen says: “Absolutely No Boredom Allowed” – what kid wouldn’t love that?!
I’m excited to use the Real Food Nutrition & Health e-Course to teach our middle-schooler (and the others when they’re older) the real facts about which foods can help him live a full, healthy life. Since my creativity level comes in at about a 0.0, I really need the hands-on projects and ideas she provides to liven up the lessons and make them sink in for him. Everyone knows how important that is for kids, otherwise it goes in and out with nary a stop at the brain.
Keep in mind this is not just for homeschoolers…
It is geared toward those 12 & up, but you could use it as a supplement to your child’s education even if you’re not a homeschooling family, which is what I plan to do!
Have the course graded for you!
You can save money by signing up multiple children. If you choose to NOT have the course graded, you can have as many kids as you’d like take the course under one registration. If, however, you DO want the course graded, you’ll need to register each student.
Note: Did you notice anything odd during the interview? During the first part of our conversation, you heard a little of me and Kristen both. In the last half, you’ll only hear Kristen because we had some technical difficulties (story of my life), and she was wise to just keep talking, and I kept recording! 🙂
Watch the trailer: