Well, I have to say, this strict not-working-on-Sundays thing is nice on Sunday, but NOT so nice when I didn't get this post done ahead, and now it's 5:30 am and I'm scrambling to get some interesting stuff up for you today!
The other day we took the kids out to eat to celebrate something that I'm not allowed to discuss here (I hate it when my kids censor my writing!) and made the mistake of letting the kids pick where we'd go: Logan's Steakhouse. ICK. Kent and I were not thrilled, but we did say they could pick (not doing that again). I haven't had a margarita in a long time, and made my next mistake when I ordered one there. It was sickeningly sweet and had that fake chemical flavoring taste that I can detect nowadays. I should've sent it back and had a glass of wine like normal, but I'm always high-maintenance in restaurants and was trying to chill for once. I ordered a salad and baked potato with real butter, purposefully bypassing any mystery meat. I thought I was safe. Let's just say that we had to get home fast and I was actually not safe. I'll spare you the details. How did I used to eat and drink that crap regularly???
Here's what I've got for you this week… I'm going to crank these out fast because I have to get the kids up soon!
- Do you have anxiety issues, skin problems, digestive trouble, mysterious hormonal symptoms, or food intolerances? If so, be sure to take this 3 minute quiz to see if you have a leaky gut!
- Need some Mexican recipes to celebrate Cinco de Mayo today? Check out my South of the border recipes all in one spot. 🙂 The Mojito Lime Chicken Bake is my current favorite.
- I told you last week how much I love this tooth oil blend, watch the video below showing other ways to use it besides for brushing. I'm going to try his flossing tip. By the way, I've never been a very good flosser until I discovered these little babies, I love them and now floss a lot, and keep them in my purse. Get the HealThy Mouth blend here.
- The free Thyroid Sessions began yesterday and go on for a few days, so click here to sign in and you'll learn why one size does NOT fit all for thyroid meds, and all the other stuff your doc doesn't know about thyroid issues.
- How many people do YOU know with Diabetes? Another free online event aimed at helping avoid and reverse Type II Diabetes begins today. Click here to find out more or sign up. (Get an e-book with practical examples on what to eat and not eat, just for signing up to watch for free.) So if you or someone you know deals with diabetes, pre-diabetes, or obesity, you'll definitely want to click in to catch these.
- These edible egg molds were a hit on Facebook last week, cool idea, huh?!
- Farewell to backyard chickens in Michigan? I sure hope not. This news has a lot of us riled up. Grrrrr…
- Don't these look like a blast? What a great way to get kids outside and having fun — I would have loved these as a kid! Click here to get some.
- Did you hear that Dallas recently stopped adding Fluoride to their water? Too bad all cities aren't as wise. Did you see this post where I show what Fluoride did to our son's teeth?
- If you're new to the real foodie world, you may want to read these “5 Horrible Pieces of Nutrition Advice” from Facebook last week.
- You think you had a bad winter? Check out the stuff Melissa and her family have to deal with in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan and I'll bet you'll feel better! Fetching Water.
- Sick of dealing with urinary tract infections? Has anyone tried D-Mannose, a natural supplement, to stop recurrent UTIs? Read more here. Find D-Mannose here.
- Anyone else need to work on this? I've been pretty hard on myself lately.