Good morning friends!
I haven't done a “mix-up” post in a while, where I gather interesting stuff from all over the health and real foodie world for you, so I'm back on it! And as always, I'm bolding the main points so you can SKIM. I know you want to, because I do it too. 🙂
- See if you agree with this article: Top 10 Cancer Causing Foods.
- Is medicine really the third leading cause of death in the US? This article says, “Probably not. Compelling evidence says it is THE leading cause of death, even ahead of heart disease and cancer”.
“Dr. Gary Null, an award-winning journalist and a leading advocate of natural healing, calculated in his book Death by Medicine that conventional medicine is actually the number one cause of death in the US, killing 783,936 a year. Even this number may be an underestimate, since Dr. Null uses the IOM’s number for hospital deaths caused by medical errors, when these more recent calculations put it much higher. He writes, “Dr. [Lucien] Leape, in 1994, said his figure of 180,000 medical mistakes annually was equivalent to three jumbo-jet crashes every two days. Our report shows that six jumbo jets are falling out of the sky each and every day.” You can see a breakdown of Dr. Null’s figure here.” (Source)
- Have you been watching this series on the safety of vaccines? Today Stephanie Seneff, Ph.D. Senior Scientist at MIT, says, “It's very disturbing where we are headed right now – and I see no end in sight.” She's up until 9:00 PM EST. Register to watch free here.
- I loved this!! Sally Fallon Morell's “open letter to Donald Trump” — this post was so popular it crashed the site for a while! I'll be curious if you agree with the comment I made at that post about what I would add to that letter…
- Blueberries reduce blood pressure…….We've all been reading about the amazing antioxidants and health benefits of blueberries for years now, but did you also know that they recently have been proven to be more effective than medications to lower blood pressure? With so many benefits to these little gems, we should be sneaking them into our diets more regularly. They're great in my Super Smoothie, or in my pancakes, or for a total indulgence, in my Lemon Blueberry Pie. Looking for more ways to lower your blood pressure? Read how we got Kent off his blood pressure medication here. (I didn't know about the blueberry connection then!)
- I have a new great nephew! Isn't he just perfect? I gave this book for part of his baby shower gift and wrote this in the cover: “This book is one of the BEST I’ve seen about growing and feeding a healthy baby and I hope you like it. Some of what you read here may seem a little different from what you’ve found in other books like this (sadly, I didn’t know ANY of this stuff about feeding our first 3 babies), but the foods here are LOADED with nutrients and make healthy babies that sleep well, learn well, and are a pleasure to raise — they have few behavior struggles! If you ever have questions about any of this, please ask anytime at all and I’d love to help.“
- Here's another book I'd give as a great new Mom gift, it's from Mama Natural and right now you can preorder it here: Mama Natural week-by-week guide to pregnancy and childbirth.
- I saw THIS gift idea too late! Lil Stinkers — they're 3 stuffed animals with a hidden essential oil cartridge, so you can add a few drops of a kid-safe essential oil blend or single oil and tuck it inside to slowly diffuse. Here's why I love EO's and this is a great starter set if you just want affordable essential oils for a beginner.
- Here is a post on Facebook that was very popular, it's about what happens, and what should happen, right after a baby is born. Check out the great discussion there.
- One more about babies, this one cracked me up: What if men breastfed? By the way, if you are unable to breastfeed for whatever reason, this post is for you.
- Anyone else think static is worse than ever this year? The more I use this leave-conditioner, the more I love it. It keeps the static down in the winter months, it only takes a little dab so it lasts a long time, and best of all, there are no junk ingredients. I just put a little dime-sized amount on the ends of my fingers, then dab them through my hair, especially in the back at the bottom where it gets snarly and staticky at times. It moisturizes enough that I haven't had static issues with my hair, so now it's just still my clothes that are always shocking me, any suggestions?
- Isn't this a cool music video?!
- Did you catch all of these recent posts? Scroll through and see if you missed any:
- Are you Taking Vitamin D or Calcium? What You MUST Do First (Scary: My doc didn’t even know)
- Zucchini Banana Bread Muffins with Einkorn Flour
- Why I Love Our Doctor Even Though We *Strongly* Disagree (& which Supplements I Take)
- Cranberry Dip with Surprising Ingredients You’ll LOVE
- How MOMS may be Hurting Local Farms More than Monsanto (& Why Farmers Markets are Shrinking)
Have a good week everyone!
(Affiliate links are often included in Morning Mix-up posts. Check out my affiliate disclaimer here.)