Good morning readers. Notice I'm not using the same Monday mix-up/cup of coffee picture up top anymore. I figured instead I'll try to pull people in with a different photo, and maybe you guys will PIN this one more? (Please? Thanks!)
Today's picture goes with a post from a while back: How we dodge antibiotic bullets and prevent antibiotic resistance — what a difference 10 years makes. It's about how I wish I knew then what I knew now about avoiding antibiotics (and how to prevent antibiotic resistance), I would've done so many things differently. But you can't do better until you know better and I definitely didn't know better. 🙁 Oh well, nothing I can do about it now but do my best now that I DO know to question everything!
Here's else what I've found for you this week…
- Since it's that time of year, here's another post with home remedies for colds/flu/earaches and avoiding antibiotics.
- Speaking of antibiotics, did you see this article, which gives us even more reason to eat organic?! Antibiotics On Food Causing Children To Have Allergic Reactions To Fruits, Vegetables.
- One more in the same line of thought: A couple readers raved on Facebook about mullein garlic oil for ear infections. (Mullein is a medicinal herb.) Has anyone else used this? This mullein garlic oil was highly rated. (Read the interesting comments on FB here: I'm ordering mine now to have on hand!)
- Anyone join MeWe yet? Many are hoping it replaces Facebook because they don't like where FB has gone, privacy-wise, and I didn't really understand the breadth of it until I read Kate's post: If Privacy Matters to You, Leave Facebook. I don't know if it'll make a dent in Facebook, but I hope so! If you want you can click here to join my MeWe group!
- I know the latest vaccine shenanigans have many of you riled up, too, so I have some random vaccine-related info and articles to share… Be sure to read all the way to the end to see the trailer of a movie that we MUST share far and wide if we want to keep our rights to CHOOSE whether or not we'll be vaccinated or if our kids will be. Many states are trying to take away this right!
- Here's what a friend sent me yesterday — keep in mind as you read this that they have a family history of vaccine reactions, some severe… “We found out this morning that the bill removing non-medical exemptions was filed in Texas a couple days ago! Thankfully, it hasn't passed but it's been filed. I believe the governor has to sign off on it. Technically it would allow religious exemptions, but the way it's written, unless vaccine avoidance is written in the bylaws of your church or as an official tenant of the religion, good luck with that. This would prevent my husband from going to Chiro college, keep our son from returning back to the community college, and prevent our daughter from going to grad school! Our politicians STINK! They don't know what the heck they are doing. I feel like a passenger stuck on a bus driven by a preschooler. They are mere pawns controlled by a corrupt industry. This mandate madness is like a cancer that will continually encroach every sector of society. The drug companies own our government.”
- Why Japan banned the MMR vaccine
- Proof governments have known for over a century that vaccinations cause allergies and anaphylaxis
- We must never, ever stop asking questions and we must teach our kids to do the same! “Certainty in science stymies progress.” — Quoted from The Man Behind the Mask, Why I Choose to Not Receive the Flu Shot, by David Boman.
- Here's the trailer to the BOUGHT movie, and here's where you can watch the whole thing for FREE for only a few more days. Watch and then tell your friends and family too!
- Do you or a loved one suffer from GERD or frequent heartburn? Nutritional Therapy Practitioner, Craig Fear's, book, The 30 Day Heartburn Solution is only $2.99 on Kindle right now! Download it here.
- MOM POWER!! This is such a inspiring story about how one mom went with her gut and, with the help of a biomedical health practitioner, REVERSED HER SON'S AUTISM in two years! Read her story and the resources she provides at the end for your own research.
- Did you see this?! Now there's toxic chocolate, too?!
- This was a beautiful article, but the ending made me sad that she feels the way she does about end-of-life decisions. Who knows how God could use whatever happens in our lives until our natural death? (Obviously no one wants to face suffering, I just hope that if/when it's me that I suffer well.) Read the story here: Why one woman with lung cancer photographed herself every day for a year.
- Speaking of Respect Life issues, this film looks so moving! Watch the trailer here for Drop Box:
- So,fluoridatedwateris associated not only with lowered IQ in children, increased risk of hip fractures,anddentalfluorosis, but now this! When oh when will our cities stop drugging the water supply? (Fluorideis classified as a drug and is unavailable without a prescription.)
- Radiant Life sells a variety of water filters and whole house systems that remove fluoride. You can check them out here. (I know and TRUST Kathy and Norm, and that they'll only sell quality stuff.)
- Do you ever wish you could tour old abandoned buildings and houses that you drive by? The photographer's gorgeous book, Abandoned Planet, is temporarily out of stock, but you can still backorder it. I was all set to order myself until I read this in the article: “There are very few descriptions in “Abandoned Planet.” Govia doesn’t want to disrupt how the viewer perceives the space – and in the end, he doesn’t think it’s important if you assume a hallway is from a hospital if it’s actually from a hotel or a school.” Bummer, huh? I wanted to know what I was looking at! Here's the article with all sorts of creepy but awesome shots.
- I've posted something similar before but this is a little different and interesting: 10 Differences Between Children Who Grew Up in the 70’s vs. Today.
- Anyone on the hunt for a place to source your raw milk from? Here's a post on How to Choose a Raw Milk Farmer: Raw Milk Safety and Clean Farming Practices.
- Did you catch all of last week’s posts?Here they are in case you missed them:
- Homemade Dumplings Recipe — From FLOP to FAB 🙂
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy for Andropause — Should Men Have Their Testosterone Levels Checked?
- Easy Crock-pot Italian Beef Recipe – a “feel good” yummy meal
- Cream Cheese Veggie Dip
- If you read all the way to the end, please comment and tell me which info you liked best in this post, so I know what to include more of each week, thanks!
Have a good week everyone!