For my lunch today I threw together this nutrient dense healthy salad in less than five minutes. You can do the same thing any day of the week with whatever you have on hand. Other variations can be found here: Healthy Salad Recipes.
photo by Rustybucket
- Fresh, local, organic greens from the farm market
- Fresh, local, chopped peaches from the farm market, or dried cranberries or another fruit
- Crispy pecans (or almonds!) -these are a treat all by themselves!
- Fresh, shredded parmesan cheese
- Bacon pieces (all-natural, grass fed pork)
- Homemade strawberry dressing from this post
- More Healthy Salad Recipes are here!
That was it. Fast, easy, nutrition packed, and SO tasty. Do you have other variations that you and your family love? Please share them with us!
- Have you heard about all the many health benefits of coconut oil? Then check out this post with info on where to find the best prices for coconut oil.
- Are you confused about why I claim that this recipe is so healthy, with something like BACON in it? It's good for you if you get it from a farm that raises their animals well and if it's made without nitrates! Read more here about why saturated fats aren't as terrible as you've probably thought: “The Oiling of America.” (Also, read about a new twist on the topic of nitrates in the comment section at this healthy hot dogs post.)
- Does all this make you feel overwhelmed? If so, read these ROOKIE TIPS.