Today I’ll share an update on the latest with my own Wellness Adventure, including my frustrations and my cheats, and I hope you’ll do the same in the comments!
- I’ve only lost TWO stinkin’ pounds so far. I didn’t have that much to lose, but geesh, it would’ve been nice to drop five or ten. I know it’s because I’ve been more grain-free than low-carb (and I already had been fairly low-grain even before starting), but I also know I won’t give up fruit or veggies long term and don’t want to lose those nutrients anyway, so I’ll just stick with this and take it slow.
- My other theory, and I actually think this is a big one… I haven’t been great about sleep these last couple weeks, but in December I did much better, and before all the sweets showed up at our door non-stop, I had lost five pounds without doing anything else different than that. Interesting, huh?
- Let’s talk about our cheats, ya wanna? I made Sarah’s grain-free ginger snaps last week and they have very little sugar, so I had a couple of those. Oh fine, I had three. But before I wouldn’t have stopped ‘til way after three, so if I keep telling myself NO grains or sugar, then when I have only a little, I’m much better off than before. It’s all a dumb mind game, but it works. Same thing with bread – I had a piece last week with loads of butter because it sounded good, besides that I haven’t missed grains at all.
- Guess what? Zumba was better last week, still not awesome or anything, but I felt less like an idiot and she used the same songs, so I at least felt like I was learning them a bit.
- By the way, I posted a little update about the dumb rash under my nose on my Facebook page if you're interested. (Scroll down to the thread that began on 12/28.)
Your turn, let us know how things are going with your 2011 goals?
Go to the main post on the 2011 Weight Loss & Wellness Adventure to catch any posts you’ve missed!