- Have you seen this great post by my friend, Anne Sergeant? Eating Healthy Shouldn’t Cost an Arm & a Leg. Now you can see her in person if you’ll be in the Detroit area on September 12th! Find out more from this Growing Connections Organic Harvest Festival flyer.
- Oh my, you have to read this amazing story!!!! “The Look on the Doctor’s Face Was Priceless.”
- If you appreciate the information you find at this blog, find out how you could easily help me, too…and thank you!
- I just read an interesting post from Zachary Cohen: What Do Don Draper and American Food Have In Common? (Although I have to admit I’m one of those he mentions who had never heard that name before. TV is last on my priority list unless it’s EWTN or a cooking show, and even those are rare!) By the way, as a side-note – Zachary also mentions an article he’s quoted in, which has a link to Whole Foods CEO John Mackey’s ideas for health care reform. Mackey took a lot of crap about this, but his ideas make great sense! See what you think, but please do not try to engage me in a debate about it because I don’t pretend to actually follow this issue very closely.
- Remember the adorable movie I told you about recently, Julie & Julia? Have you seen it yet? If so, I hope you’ll tell us what you thought. Take a look at my other new post today – it’s a sneak peak at a letter to Nora Ephron written by one of my favorite readers, Jeanmarie. Guess what it was about? BUTTER! So you know it’s got to be good.
- Read about how a big drug company got busted for their shenanigans: Score one for the little guy! (Thanks for sending me the link, Jen!)
- I know I’m throwing a lot out this week, but I just came across one more thing that I want to share with you: read the sad and frustrating story of what happened to this family recently. Thank you Augie for getting the word out!
Have a great week!