A couple things before I share some fun pictures with you:
- We went to Art Prize TWICE over the weekend! We went out for our 23rd anniversary Friday night with Bob & Sonia and Joe & Meg (who were celebrating their 18th), and then Sunday we went back with the kids, my sister, and my niece who is home from Seattle. I got some great pictures to share with you! (Read last Monday’s post if you don’t know what I’m talking about…) Did I mention that the whole thing is free?
Next we saw “the pig”, notice the people below so you can see how huge it is!
Look at these neat sculptures, all made out of nails:
Aren’t these faces cool?
I love this “statue guy” (I don’t know what he’s really called):
Here’s the 6 of us, you can see the bottom of the pig above our heads (kind of blurry… Isn’t Sonia’s hat cute? She said she loves it because then she doesn’t have to do her hair!):
This one was kind of dumb, in a fun way, and I thought it was a good way to show you the crazy range of entries that you see at Art Prize. These are pieces of toast that have messages on them from people who text their message to a certain number…
Now for my favorite. When you walk up to this one, here’s what you see – it’s 8 different boards, painted a different shade of brown, with each shape a little different than the one behind it:
The sign says it’s a picture of a late congresswoman from Ohio. Then you step on these two feet out in front and here’s what you see – ISN’T THIS SO COOL?!
I took this last one (with the pig in the background) to show you how hopping downtown Grand Rapids was at 11:00 at night – as I said before, the “feel” walking around the city was so fun and exciting and just reminds of of Chicago:
Now for some real foodie goodies – I have a lot this week:
- Later this week I’m putting up another post on vaccines. It’s about a chat I had with a nurse at our doctor’s office. Those are the kinds of posts I LOVE to write, when the words literally jump off my fingers because I’m all riled about something. I can’t wait to hear what you guys think about this one…
- Normally I don’t link to Mercola anymore since that time he and his peeps irritated me, but Kent found a great article in the Huffington Post worth sharing: If You Want to Age Gracefully Don’t Eat This. I love the part that starts out like this: “Read this if you believe fruit is healthy and you can consume unlimited amounts…”
- Dr. Oz is clueless about REAL Nutrition – a great post from Sarah!
- Could there be a spy in your midst? Interesting (creepy?) post from Kristen…
- Alex just posted about the latest push to get us to eat more baby carrots, “Eat ‘em like they’re junk food.” The only problem is, I had heard that the stuff they use for preservative in the non-organic ones is pretty bad, but I don’t know details. Does anyone know more?
- When you see the picture in this article, “We can build whatever animal you want to eat, say scientists,” see if you don’t think the same thing I did: “That has GOT to be fake!” The whole article is just plain scary.