Don’t forget you only have a few more days to sign up for Ann Marie’s Surf & Turf Cooking Class! (See who won the free class.) Commenters at last week’s giveaway post mentioned that they were most excited to learn how to prepare organ meats in a way they’d actually enjoy, and others said they can’t wait to learn more about finding sources for healthy seafood. Personally, I can’t wait to see how she prepares grass-fed steaks, because so far the best way to describe our efforts in that area is “dry-stick-in-your-throat” disappointments. Did you see the great video Ann Marie did on how to make Ceviche?
Here’s what’s up this Monday morning:
- HELP! A good friend needs to eat gluten-free, but can’t find a cracker or other crunchy snacks that actually taste good. Do any of you know of some good brands?! (FYI: She doesn’t like to cook and probably won’t make homemade crackers!)
- Is organic junk better than non-organic junk? Hallee the Homemaker takes a look at the hugely popular organic trend. Here’s what I said in my slightly annoying comment there, “Hallee, this hit the nail on the head and has been a pet peeve of mine for a while. That said, I do sometimes buy this junk, but rarely, and only when I’m planning to buy junk anyway. This is just junk without the REALLY junky junk!”
- I’m not sure why I keep buying books when I don’t have time to read them anyway, but here’s the latest one I ordered because I just had to have it: Living Low Carb: Controlled-Carbohydrate Eating for Long-Term Weight Loss . I tried borrowing it from the library, but there were too many times I wanted to underline, so I had to get my own. I can’t wait to read the section where he compares all sorts of popular diets and gives what he sees as the positives and negatives of each one. I love it when someone has done all the research and it’s all laid out there for me.
- Have you heard of Truvia and Purevia and wondered if they’re good for you and how they compare to the all-natural sweetener, Stevia? Read this Huffington Post article to find out.
- Check out this article from Womans Day, isn’t it wild?! Foods that look like the body parts they’re good for.
- Have a great week!