Have your kids gone back to school yet? Kal starts college today, and the younger kids have one more week. We have a few more things we need to cram in before summer is over. (We made a list of things we wanted to do this summer and they’re all FREE!) I want to get the kids over to Lake Michigan once more (only about 45 minutes from us!), and I still owe them a nature walk in our woods. I’ve been putting that off because I’m not real excited to romp around with the snakes out back.
- This dietician recommends eating fast food! “On The Today Show, Matt Lauer hosted dietitian Elizabeth Ward to discuss how to make “healthy” food choices on a road trip. Virtually the only measure Ward used to evaluate what was healthy was how many calories are in it.” There were SO many things she said that I disagreed with, I couldn’t even watch the whole thing. See if you can make it through and then let us know your thoughts.
- Read what Alex has to say about the recent salmonella outbreak which affected 550 million eggs, from TWO farms. Wow. He offers a good solution to this health risk.
- Did you see the guest interview with the Teenage Health Freak last week? You’ll love this girl!
- I'm adding this link late because I just read a great post from Sarah called, “Industrial Food Sickness“. It's good to have a name for what happens to me whenever I eat fried food at a restaurant!
- You may want to read an interesting story about Trader Joe’s if you shop there.
Have a great day!