Just when you thought I was done with all the camping drivel, I've got one last thing to say: coming home from vacation after staying in a hotel is so much easier than after staying in a tent! We had a great family getaway, and one of my favorite memories was when all six of us climbed into our king-sized bed to snuggle and watch “Rio”. Another was shaking Jeff Gordon's hand, for REAL! (He stayed in the same hotel as we did in Colorado Springs.) And of course the gorgeous views. If you haven't seen it yet, here's the post on my other blog where I put up some of my favorite shots of the mountains.
- I'm almost done with the next Kitchen Kop newsletter, but have room for 2-3 more questions, so if you have any burning topics you're wondering about (on Real Food, blogging, or anything), let 'em rip and I'll try to help! (Be sure to sign up for the newsletter so you'll be able to read the answers – you also just might get some exclusive discount offers on cool stuff…)
- Please vote for our local Rockford farmers market! Our cute little market is in second place for America's favorite, so if you would pleeeease vote, I'd be thankful!
- Wait 'til you hear this fun update on my friend Kristin. Remember she shared her story a while back about how they helped their son who had ADHD by changing his diet? She's got to be one of the most exciting of all my nutrition consultation clients because of all the changes she and her family implemented so quickly and wholeheartedly. Well now they've sold their house, moved to a new home with land, and bought laying hens! She texted me this picture the other day of her first egg! 🙂
- Seems like we all know someone with asthma. Melissa's post is a great one to send off for them to look over because it sure will grab their attention: How and why we walked away from the allergists. She tells about the low-fat diet that was supposed to help them all get healthier, but they ended up with damaged teeth, weekend bones, a child with asthma, and others in the family with respiratory issues; they became overweight and had frazzled nerves, depression, and fatigue. “We began to suspect that the ‘diet' experiment we were trying was failing all of us.” (Read more about healthy fats and the big saturated fat MYTH.)
- Does the internet sometimes drive you crazy? My friend, Jen, posted on that recently, so I did too, and added a few of my own thoughts and frustrations.
- I love this story from Hallee about a group of soldiers serving in Afghanistan: Now you have no more excuses. “Now, if you think you can’t make pizza because you don’t have the room, or the supplies, or the right atmosphere, I would like to introduce you to the next 22 pictures, taken in SFC Hepler’s hooch on Pizza Sunday. They made about 10 pizzas using supplies mailed to them by loved ones and toppings collected at the mess hall.”
- Have a great week!