- Guess what Real Foodie bloggers? There’s a new blog carnival over at the Healthy Home Economist called, “Monday Mania”, where you can share your most popular, most commented on, most anything about a favorite post at your blog from the previous week. I hope you’ll join in because Sarah’s nervous that no one will come to her party. Let’s show her the Real Food looooove! 🙂
- From the archives: It’s that time of year, do you need some ideas for natural bug repellents? One more: Did you ever read about my embarrassing situation that I shared with the world?
- Remember you have until tomorrow at 11:59 pm Eastern to enter the Paula’s Bread $40 gift certificate giveaway!
- You'll love this neat story from Stanley Fishman over at Kimberly's blog, especially if you A. Love raw milk, and B. Have a warm place in your heart for your farmers like we do!
- My awesome online friend, Jen, keeps my Monday Mix-Ups interesting. She emailed this last week: “Yeesh!!! ‘Nabisco to double their whole grains in crackers.’ Another one: ‘New “plus size” clothing line for children from a British retailer for UK kids.' OH!!! And to top it off… those two news stories were aired back to back!!! Don't they get it???????” In case you don’t know, Jen is wondering why they’re not putting it together that too much GRAIN is the obesity culprit, and not saturated fats as we’ve all been brainwashed into believing. Read more about healthy fats and dieting.
- Speaking of dieting, I can’t believe it, but I am now convinced that the conclusions from this post are right: Former Aerobics Instructor is Now Anti-Cardio. Well, I guess I wouldn’t say I’m totally anti-cardio (and she’ll probably clarify that in her part 2 post as well), but I certainly don’t think it’s as important for weight loss as I used to, not even close. (I’d love to hear all your thoughts on this one, readers!)
- I’ve linked to this video in a roundabout way before, but when my friend, Karen, sent it to me I thought I should bring it to your attention again. It’s from 2007 with Andrew Weil, Mehmet Oz, & Gary Taubes – what a threesome, eh? Some great scoop on dieting here: Here’s more from Dr. Andrew Weil.
Have a great day!