I hope you’ll all hang with me as I get down to crunch time with the launch of my Rookie Class next month, and then get it up and cooking in early fall. I’m trying really hard to keep my normal posting schedule going, but as things get really crazy, and I know they will, I’m not sure how it will shake out. (I’m accepting guest posts if anyone would like to shoot me over one so I can take a look and see if it’s a good fit for my blog!) Also, my Monday Mix-Ups may be a little shorter for a while, depending on what fell in my lap the week prior. I do still have some interesting stuff for you this week, though!
- Did you see the disgusting chicken feet post from last week?
- Thanks to Jen & Kent for sending me the links for this week’s post. If you ever find anything interesting that you think might be good for the Monday Mix-Up posts, feel free to email them to me! I can’t promise to use everything, but I love getting the ideas in my inbox.
- I hope Cara's post is up by the time most of you read this one, she had the BEST post idea: “You might be a real foodie if…”
- “Want to take a guess at how many ingredients there are in Kellogg's FiberPlus Antioxidants Berry Yogurt Crunch? I guarantee you'll be wrong.” Read the whole article on Kellogg’s newest cereal.
- USDA Admits Link Between Antibiotic Use by Big Ag and Human Health. And my family think I’m the crazy one for spending more money for higher quality meat.
- From the archives: have you seen this post about support from your spouse in the kitchen? What about this one with links to posts about how to eat Real Food affordably.
- What do you guys think about this: Mexican Coke is a Hit? I haven’t had a pop in so many years now that it doesn’t even sound good to me anymore, but I am kind of curious how this tastes. Although I love my kefir soda so much, why mess with a good thing? (Picture at right is from New York Times.)
- Here’s another interesting story: “Women in the market for natural foods, noticing more interest from customers.”
- On a side and totally unrelated note: guess where I get to go soon? One of my favorite places: Cedar Point! I’m a coaster girl through and through. Top Thrill Dragster & Millennium Force, here I come! (If you click on those links you can take a video ride, just a little Monday morning gift from me to you!) Kent’s not into coasters (well not enough to wait in lines that is), so the kids & I are going with my sisters, my brother in law, and nephews. When we first get there we are going on the oldie-but-goodie Gemini ride to see who is worthy to go with the “Coaster Group” and who is staying with my sisters and the younger kids for the laid back group. Only those who can walk fast to the next coaster, not complain about the 2 hour lines or the heat, and talk mostly about the cool coasters while you’re waiting in line are aloud. I’m just a little excited… 🙂 If you’re a rollercoaster freak too, I’d love to hear what your favorite coaster is?!
Have a great week!