Good morning readers!
- My brother-in-law recently suggested I read the book called, Wrong: Why experts* keep failing us–and how to know when not to trust them *Scientists, finance wizards, doctors, relationship gurus, celebrity CEOs, … consultants, health officials and more. It mainly gave me an even deeper sense of how we can't believe everything, hardly anything actually, that we read and hear. (Even more than I already do, I'll continue to stress to all of you, my reader friends, not to blindly believe what you read on this blog either, because there's a LOT I don't know!) It also gave me more confidence about this post I wrote a few years ago where I explain how I waddle through the truth-trap: How do we find the truth on health and nutrition issues?, and this one where I explain why studies can't be trusted: What if sex was bad for you?
- I've told you before about my friend David, he's the one who actually likes running and doesn't have to make himself get out there like I do. So you won't be surprised to find out that the crazy guy is now competing in triathlons. Recently he sent me a link to a post on Paleo and gluten free diets from a training blog he reads: What about those diets?, and parts of it really irritated me so I had to comment. Mine is about 12 comments down or so and the first response was from someone questioning the cholesterol content in eggs. How can so many people still be so misled? I tried to respond well, see what you think and I hope you'll add your comments, too!
- You will not believe this link, sent to me by Jill, with her comments below: The Coca Cola Company's Beverage Institute for Health & Wellness. “The irony in the name of the institute, first off, is laughable, but the fact that they are “educating” dietitians and that anyone is listening is pretty scary stuff! I can't imagine spending all the time and money to become a registered dietitian AND wasting brain space on this–the two concepts should be mutually exclusive. Surely they are all smart enough to see through it? So I suppose we should let our kids ingest all the soda pop and candy sweetened with HFCS or artificial sweeteners they want with confidence! How did Coca Cola manage to earn a voice among nutrition professionals? Follow the money, I suppose!“
- I'm running a short summer sale: Before fall hits treat yourself to the Real Food for Rookies class to learn all the ins and outs of Real Food cooking. Find out how to nourish your family without breaking the budget or overloading your schedule! 20% off with coupon code SUMMERSPECIAL. ***This coupon is good on anything in the Kop Shop: Rookie class, blog and nutrition consultations, or Real Food guides, for a limited time only!
- I made this yummy recipe for Meatball Sub Casserole again the other day, but just made the meatball subs not in a casserole this time. It was delicious so I added the directions to that post. 🙂
- I also made Kale Chips again, too, and had to fight the kids for them once they come out of the oven – guess I need to buy more than two bunches at the farm market next time, eh?
Have a great day!