Here are some great links you’ll want to look over as you drink your coffee on this first day of summer vacation! 🙂
- I just added one more new post for today about a food movie highlighting the dangers of GM foods, if you're not sure what the fuss is all about, you can learn more there!
- Fixing bad moods with food – “Are you depressed, anxious, irritable, tired, overwhelmed or emotionally fragile? These types of mood disorders have become shockingly common, and in many cases, can easily be resolved.”
- Are Sunburn and Skin Cancer a Modern Day Phenomenon? – “In today’s society, we are accustomed to the warnings about sun exposure and the threat of skin cancer. We worry about getting burned, and do everything we can to make sure we cover all exposed skin with sunscreen. We are convinced that the sun causes great harm…” Read more to find out how a traditional diet with plenty of healthy fats can help you not to burn. Also read my post on the topic: Don’t be afraid of the sun!
- Your “toxic load”, how does it affect your health? – “From cleaning products, to pollution in the air, to the water we drink, to contamination in our food supply, to the clothes we wear, to the houses in which we reside, to the sheets and pillows we sleep on, we are all exposed to tremendous amounts of toxins each and every day of our lives.”
- Get ‘em off without OFF! – this post has good info on natural bug repellents, also check out the comments at last week’s post when I asked for everyone’s input – many of you had some ideas I can’t wait to try!
- Here’s some riveting reading for you…(NOT). I’m in the middle of one of my kitchen-frenzy days as I write this. I’ll do that now and then and spend a whole morning (or a whole day) in the kitchen as I try recipes, do my own research, get some things done ahead, etc. When I do this, it’s not easy because it always means I’m letting a bunch of other things go. I never give up trying, but God constantly teaches me that I just can’t do it all, darn it. Here’s what I’ve been working on so far this morning:
- Finished mixing up/kneading the homemade bread I started soaking last night – 3 loaves. Not sure how I’m going to bake them if the oven repair guy doesn’t show up…
- Made the blender pancakes for the kid’s breakfast that I also started soaking last night.
- Emptied and reloaded the dishwasher while talking to a friend on the phone – multi-tasking is a way of life, as you all know!
- Eggs are boiling for deviled eggs. Our teen loves these and won’t eat eggs any other way lately… “I’m so sick of eggs, Mom!” Grrrrr… (See my newer post: Hardboiled eggs in the pressure cooker peel so easily!)
- I got my chicken bones and beef bones back on the stove (separately, obviously) to finish boiling up for stock today. This evening I’ll strain, cool, and freeze.
- Now I have to figure out what I’m making for dinner…
- Where’s my toddler, you ask? Nope, not watching TV (not this time anyway) – I’ve stopped a couple times to get his snack and kiss a boo-boo, but otherwise he’s been playing really good, thankfully, and giving me lots of help now and then, too!
I don’t do a “kitchen frenzy” day a lot, maybe once every two or three weeks. Usually it’s done in short spurts. Last week I got going and had quite the mess all over the kitchen – soon I’ll post a picture. I’m sure you’re smack-dab on the edge of your seat waiting for that, aren’t ya?
Have a great week!