- Is anyone there? Or are you all relaxing and doing Memorial Day stuff today? (Did you know Kent was in the Marines? I’m so thankful to all those in the military who keep us safe, and for their families who sacrifice for us.)
- Kent got our garden in! He grew up helping in his Mom’s garden every year, so it comes natural to him. Good thing, because I’m a gardening ditz. Kent started some seeds in the house at the end of March and one day I thought I’d get them some sunshine on the deck…and then forgot about them for the rest of the day. They were all shriveled up and only about half of them came back, or so I thought – they never grew much after that. Oops… sorry honey. He can’t wait to have me help out in the garden, too.
- We bought some organic plants to replace the ones I baked, and now we wonder why we didn’t just do that in the first place…? They’re not even that expensive. (Have you seen my other gardening post? It’s full of helpful hints in the comments.)
- Want to read some juicy comments that have been flying recently? Go to this Canola Oil post.
- This is my only post today so that we can focus on this (oh OK, also because we were at a soccer tournament all weekend): I need some help with the snakes around here! Last year one crawled onto our patio, THROUGH our screen slider (it was part way open) and out the other side, thank God the glass door was shut and locked, but I didn’t know they could DO that!!! Last week one was in our GARAGE, come ON, do they know I don’t like them, or WHAT?! Any suggestions? Why am I boring you with this on my health and nutrition blog? Well I won’t be able to help in the garden and blog about my nutritious produce if I can’t step outside the door. (And we all know Kent needs my help in the garden.) And I won’t need to worry about good health anymore at all if I see a snake near my house again. My fear is that they’ll get in the house somehow – and don’t try to reassure me by saying how rare that would be, because how many snakes have you seen crawling through a screen slider? (UPDATE: Another reader told me what they found that WORKS for a natural snake repellent!)
Have a great week!