Good morning everyone! Here’s what’s up today…
- Did you join my Kitchen Kop Facebook page yet (by clicking “like” there)? I hope you’ll help me get up over 1000 this week. (Yes, I should’ve jumped on that bandwagon a while ago…) By the way, if you’ve “friended” me on my original FB page, this one is different, so I hope you’ll “like” me on this one. Confused yet? I know I am.
- Are you struggling to pay for groceries like many are these days, especially when trying to buy more nutrient-dense foods? Here are a couple posts to help: 12 tips for Eating Healthy on a Budget and one of THE best articles I’ve ever read on the topic of eating well affordably, written by my real-life friend, Anne Sergeant: eating healthy shouldn’t cost an arm and a leg.
- Jimmy’s got another great post up related to the low-carb lifestyle. While I know it may not be for everyone, I do know that my waist stays smaller when I eat fewer grains and sweets, and it sure seems like a smart path for many Type II Diabetics, as my sister, Terri, is finding. She says she feels GREAT on a low-carb diet. She has more energy, even her hair, skin and nails are healthier, isn’t that wild? As soon as she gets her blood sugar numbers and her weight coming down more, she said she’ll share her story in a post. Fun, huh?! Right now she’s kicking up the exercise to hopefully shake her metabolism into gear… Hey sister, have you read the Schwarzbein Principle yet? (Gina reviewed “The Schwarzbein Principle II” for me a while back and had this to say: “I realized that I’m still recovering from 16 years of vegetarianism, even after almost 3 years of a WAPF diet and lifestyle. The information in The Schwarzbein Principle II was the extra “oomph” that I needed to speed up the healing of my own metabolism.”) Something weird, though: when I was getting the Amazon link for that book I noticed she also has a vegetarian cookbook out…??? If you’ve read her books, does anyone know if she’s vegetarian? (Have you read my post, “Are Meat Eaters Ruining the Earth?”)
- Coming up tomorrow: next in Kitchen Stewardship’s Clean Out the Junk series, Mandi from Organizing Your Way will blog about getting rid of clutter! Since that topic doesn’t really go with my Kitchen Kop niche, I wasn’t sure what post to link to for that tomorrow, but I came up with a good one from my archives: my post about using a Freezer Inventory Sheet to de-clutter your freezer space! If you’re a blogger, hopefully you’ll find something you can link up with, too. 🙂
- I love this post from Shannon: 5 Foods Worth Buying Non-Local.
- Here’s some Real Food advice you’ll love: the Right Way to Feed Babies. Don’t have a baby right now? Pass this along to someone who does!
I loved reading through it!!!
Thanks for all the tips and helps!!