Grab your coffee, tea or whatever and let's chat. 🙂
As I write this I’m also in the middle of packing to take the kids up North to our hometown for the weekend. You’re going to be jealous when I tell you what’s going on there… It’s the annual Maple Syrup Weekend! (Kent is happy to pass on this weekend every year, LOL!) We’ll eat lots of Real maple syrup and real sausage made locally, along with pancakes which I doubt are all sparkly, but you can’t have everything. Kids are excited about the carnival rides, but I’m most excited about hanging with my fam (my niece is visiting from Seattle!) AND going out with my high school girlfriends tomorrow night! Oh boy, I’m really boring you now. I’ll stop. 🙂
- Thank you to a reader, Angie, who sent me this Gary Taubes article from the New York Times: Is Sugar Toxic? As she said, it’s long, but a great read. He references the video I’ve watched a couple times, Dr. Robert Lustig’s, “Sugar, the Bitter Truth”, and he asks, “Can sugar possibly be as bad as Lustig says it is?”
- Also, read Lydia’s post, “5 Tips to Curb Sugar Cravings”. (I need this!)
- I’ve posted on this before at the Rookie Class sneak peek post, Does High Fructose Corn Syrup really make us fat? (Which includes an interview with Fat Head filmmaker, Tom Naughton!)
- This post on colorless-foods from my friends, Kimberly Hartke & Jane Hersey, is one I was about to run this week, so I'll just let you read it there. They are discussing a recent New York Times article, and here is another take on that same article, this time from Food Renegade.
- Do you want to see the type of articles that my husband, Kent, enjoys reading online (besides Red Wings hockey updates)? Here’s one he just sent me, “Beer-only fast ends with bacon smoothie”. (Did you see the post about this amazing anniversary dinner that Kent & Joe cooked for Meg & I? Also, here’s one when Kent made dinner and compared a New York Style pizza to a Chicago Style pizza.)
That’s all for now, I have to finish packing!
Remember, I love reading your comments about any of the above stories!
Have a great week!