Stupid random Monday morning comment: Did I ever tell you guys that I’m a jet freak? Don’t ask me why. One of my favorite memories EVER is when Kent & I and the kids were on a Lake Michigan beach once with our bible study friends and the Blue Angels went screaming by right overhead doing some practice runs. It makes me giddy just thinking about it again. (I tried starting a Facebook topic on that…I asked what YOU love that’s kind of weird…but it didn’t come out right over there and I sounded even more odd than I really am. So tell us here in the comments OR over there, is there something odd that YOU love?! UPDATE: wow, that ended up getting some interesting comments and made my little jet fetish seem pretty boring! You'll have to scroll down a bit to find that conversation.)
- Speaking of jets, I need your help, reader friends! It’s been years since we’ve taken a family vacation (besides weekend things) and this summer we’d like to fly to Colorado when we can work it in around Kal’s summer college classes. We want to go white water rafting, hike, visit Focus on the Family, etc. BUT, the only airfare I’ve found is at least $350 per person, so flights will be over $2000 for the six of us! That’s not setting well with us at all, obviously, and I feel like there’s got to be a way to get a better deal on flights, but I have no idea how. Do any of you have some good tips for getting affordable airfare?
OK, now I’ll get back to health or nutrition related scoop…
- Here are a couple sick Monsanto articles, and the first one especially bothers me since Kent & I had many miscarriages… Yes, this is about animal miscarriages, but it makes you wonder doesn’t it? Monsanto’s Roundup Ready Crops Contain Organism Causing Animal Miscarriages, Scientist Says. Here’s an excerpt from the next article: “If you want to avoid sugar, aspartame, trans-fats, MSG, or just about anything else, you read the label. If you want to avoid GMOs — genetically modified organisms — you're out of luck. They're not listed. You could, until now, simply buy organic foods, which by law can't contain more than 5 percent GMOs. Now, however, even that may not work.” Read the article: Why Aren’t GMO Foods Labeled?
- OK, I wasn’t going to add this one but I found it when getting those Monsanto links above, let me know what you think: Breast Milk Ice Cream Coming to London Shop. Weird, huh?!
- Hopefully Mercola’s peeps won’t jump all over me for posting this video like they did last time I mentioned him on my blog… Parents in Washington state, you’ll want to watch this!
- Thank you to Elaine for sending me this list of 8 known carcinogens to remove from your house. I didn’t know about a lot of this stuff.
- Have a great week!