Good morning readers. Every week when I sit down to write this post I think, “Hmmm, I don't really have much to share in this week's Monday Mix-up…” And then I always end up with too many. Well, you tell me as you look through my hodge-podge of links today, is this too many?
By the way, guess what I got to do Saturday night? The kids and I went to see Matt Maher in concert! His music is always just what I need – he has such an amazing gift. Any other Matt Maher fans out there?
Here are the links for this week:
- If any of you are bored Friday morning, I'll be on a radio show, WSGW – “Listen to the Mrs.” and you could go here and click the button to listen online. The show host, Sue, is my sister's sister-in law. 🙂 I'm hoping to make more people aware of the first Michigan Regional Weston A. Price conference coming up next month in Detroit!
- Well, I tried making the awesome Butternut Squash Ravioli recipe (along with this yummy fish with lemon-garlic pesto for our meatless lenten Friday), and I have to admit, I cheated pretty bad. I found some awesome organic squash ravioli in our buying club with a pretty darn good ingredient label, so I decided not to make them homemade. BUT, oh my, I nailed it on replicating David's fresh sage, garlic, and brown butter sauce. I think that'll be my new favorite beverage. The raviolis weren't anywhere near as good as his, but they did ok in a pinch. (Not much of a lenten sacrifice that day with such a yummy meatless meal, I know. Need more meatless ideas?)
- Thank you Elizabeth for sending the following links that will likely rile you all up again about the flu shot. (Side note: check out Elizabeth's awesome family.) Here's a shocker (not): CDC says flu shot barely worked in over-65's this year. (Kind of surprising they admitted it, though, huh?)
- And now, wait 'til you see THIS video! “The flu shot has actually been a dismal failure for those 65 and older, the very age group who are the most vulnerable to flu complications.” Yes, myself and most of you reading know this, but their crazy logic continues… “We simply need a better vaccine against influenza, one that works better and lasts longer.” Why don't we build up our immune systems instead and keep those toxins out?!!!!!! Man this stuff ticks me OFF!
- My friend, Hallee, recently asked me to write the intro for her new book, I was so honored! Did you see this thought-provoking post she wrote recently about our processed/fast food culture? A Cultural, Spiritual, Emotional Loss.
- Here are just a few Facebook highlights from last week!
- Do you remember when the power went out and we'd have to ‘call the time lady' to get our clocks reset right? Read more of these way-back memories!
- I told everyone about my apple pie oatmeal (make-ahead recipe) that I threw together last week.
- I mentioned that a story from my inbox made me want to vomit. (This family had their son taken from them when he was 7 years old.)
- Readers helped a woman with failed yogurt issues. 🙂
- This parenting picture got some varying comments. Some ‘got it' (it's just funny!), others were over-thinking a tad if you ask me…
Sorry, I said just a few, but it was a busy week over there!