- Kent & I are starting to think about this year's garden, so the topic of Kimberly's recent post fascinates me all the more: Testing soil for nutrients. I also posted on this topic a while back: The Quest for Nutrient-Dense Food — High-Brix Farming & Gardening. If all this talk of gardens and farming has you longing to feel the sun in your face and dreaming of those mid-summer berries, check out this post from late June: Sweet Summer Saturdays.
- Don’t we all love to hear stories of someone being healed? Especially exciting in my world is when God uses REAL FOOD to bring people back to good health. Read about Peggy’s healing and how she went from hardly being able to walk, to now not even knowing where her cane is. 🙂
- I'm curious, how many of these have you heard? Eight Excuses For Not Eating Real Food.
- Please check out comments #25 & #26 at the homemade potato chips post from last week. I was given a good reminder that I needed to hear AGAIN that we should be limiting the starches in our diets, and that these aren't quite as guilt-free as I'd hoped. (NOT due to the saturated fat, though, we all know that by now, right?!)
- Remember I told you about my brother in law, Mike, who had the heart scare? He sent this recently and I love that he’s GETTING IT! Have you heard of “Obesegens”?
- Who is your favorite Food Network Chef? I wish I had time to watch Food TV more, but Kent loves Jamie Oliver and when I asked him why, he said, “He doesn’t try and do showy things with food, he goes for the best flavor and will grab food out of the garden and just toss it in.” I asked, “Does he use low-fat crap?” Kent said, “Not that I’ve ever seen.” Check out this talk he did, Teach Every Child About Food.
Have a great week!