Good morning everyone! As I write this I’m feeling all happy and ready for the Christmas season because… I’ve finally got my whole Real Food for Rookies class up! I can’t tell you how relieved I feel and happy with the feedback I’ve heard from my participants. (I’m not sure when yet but at some point I’ll be promoting it again.) SO now I can focus on finishing my Christmas shopping and starting the decorating later today…fun fun fun! (Has anyone else taken advantage of all the free shipping deals and done most of their shopping from their butts like I have?)
- Speaking of spending so much time on my butt, I love that many of you are getting as excited as I am for the upcoming 21-Day Wellness & Weight Loss Adventure, if you haven’t read about it yet, be sure to visit the link so you can join us in meeting our goals in 2011, and tell us in the comments what your goals are!
- Sarah had a good post over the weekend about a story Sally Fallon told at the conference that you'll enjoy.
- Check out this exciting breaking news from the Feingold Association: FDA to hold hearing on food dyes and children’s behavior. “We can optimistically hope that this is finally the beginning of the end of synthetically dyed foods in the United States.”
- By the way, did anyone take the time to listen to the interview I did with Jane Hersey from the Feingold Association on school food reform a couple weeks ago? Some people, Bettina from the Lunch Tray blog being one, disagreed with Jane in the comments there. This led to Bettina writing more on her blog, and on went the firestorm from there. Find out the update at this post: School Food Reform: Can’t We All Get Along? (We Can and We Have To)
- Lastly, I’m going to include a recent email exchange here because even though it’s not totally related to Real Food, maybe some of you will be willing to help…A couple weeks ago my Mercola is on my nerves post got an interesting comment from a guy named Dave: “I have been (and it will be “was” on Dec 1) an affiliate with Mercola.com and was earning $4000 to $5000 a month commissions and they just pulled the plug. I was using this money to support my non-profit in support of our service men and women. I spoke to Jeremy Dixon today and basically what I got was “sorry for the inconvenience”. Incredible! To me this is out right legalized stealing and is a concern for any affiliate program. Over the life of this affiliate program I brought in 2,265 leads, 2,494 sales with a sales volume of $262,392. So Mercola is essentially stealing all those customers and sales. I am wondering if anyone else out there is feeling as ripped off as I feel and if there is anything we can do about it?? Thanks, Dave”.This led to Dave & I chatting more via email and he told me about his Pillows for Soldiers ministry. I told him that my husband was a Sergeant in the Marine Corp years ago and thanked him for what he’s doing to support those in the service. He then insisted on sending Kent a pillow. I said, “Oh, that’s so sweet of you, but Kent’s been out of the military for almost 20 years, thank you anyway!” He insisted, and when the kids saw a big box come for their Dad, addressed to “Sergeant Kent M…”, they thought it was pretty cool. I thanked Dave again and asked how I could help. Here is part of his reply:“My pleasure. I was honored and blessed to be able to do it. Get this…my Mercola check for November will be just short of $6,200 ($4400 last month), best month ever and I support Pillows For Soldiers with that money, i.e. I donate much of it. I have sent a letter to Mercola to re-think their position and keep the Pillows For Soldiers affiliate position open. Maybe you could post something on your blog that would encourage your readers to contact Mercola (847) 252-4353 (ask for Jeremy) or email (go to this link https://products.mercola.com/contact.htm) and express their opinion in support of Pillows For Soldiers in a nice, friendly and professional way. Please tell Kent that we thank him for his service to our country! Pretty nice pillow huh? Did you wrestle it away from him yet? 😉 Be Well and God Bless.”
- Have a great week!