Good morning! I hope your Thanksgiving dinners were as tasty as ours was – WOW, can my Mom & step-Dad cook. Later we went to Kent’s Mom’s for pie and nobody makes pie like Mary Ellen does. 🙂 My favorite is always the stuffing, though, with plenty of gravy. Mashed potatoes with loads of butter comes in second. Who’s with me? (Disregard those statements when you read the carb info below…Hopefully going hog-wild once a year won’t hurt too much!)
- The for-real last call is today for the 1000th post giveaway, in which I’m giving away a free 30-minute phone consultation. Go to that link to sign up and if you win we can chat about anything you’d like. Ask me health & nutrition questions, personal questions, questions about starting a blog, or anything at all. (I keep trying to announce the winner, but other more important posts have bumped that one, so it’s this week for sure.)
- Also, today is the LAST DAY (ends tonight at 11:59 pm Eastern) for the Happy, Healthy Holidays giveaway! Go there to sign up for your chance to win a FREE CLASS to help you get through the holidays in style.
- Do you guys want to play a game? Let’s play, “How many statements can you find in this video that make your toes curl?” Is it healthy to raise a vegetarian baby? I found 13 at first glance.
- Is it possible for me to trust drug companies any less? Yep, after reading this it is: Vytorin versus Baking Soda.
- Here’s a link from Lydia that I thought you might like, she posted notes from a talk at the Wise Traditions conference that I really wanted to catch, called Taming the Carb Monster, but it was at the same time as our panel discussion so I had to miss. Here are a couple of my favorite quotes:
- “High triglycerides are not from consuming fat, but from consuming carbohydrates.”
- “Nearly all unwanted body fat is made out of sugar. Carbohydrates, not dietary fat, make you fat.”
- Need some easy Advent ideas to help celebrate this time of preparation with your kids before Christmas gets here? This post just went up on my other blog, “Advent Ideas – No Guilt Allowed”.
Have a great week!