Good morning readers! Are you all ready for Thanksgiving? We're having my family here this year because Mom finally admitted that it was too much work for her and my step-Dad at their house, so we're all making a few dishes and it will be nice not going anywhere on Thanksgiving for the first time ever!
So I had to find a turkey.
I called the farm where one of our local health food stores was buying from and started by asking the guy if their turkeys were outside. He gave a little chuckle, because obviously commoners such as myself don't know anything about farming, and said, “Oh no, they stay in the barn.” I said, “They're never outside?” He gave another chuckle and said, “No, and that's the best place for them.” I hesitated for a moment, trying to decide if I wanted to go a round or two with this idiot or not, and decided I didn't have the time. Now I kind of wish I had, though.
What would you have said to him?
Thankfully I got the LAST available turkey at a local farm who raise their turkeys outside and feed them organic feed, woo-hoo!
Just in case you need a few Thanksgiving recipe ideas…
- My new friend, John, who I met at the conference last weekend, sent me instructions for how to brine a turkey – I think we're going to do this for the added flavor!
- Grain-free pumpkin cream cheese bars or Pumpkin pie ice cream would both make a great turkey-day dessert!
Now for today's interesting links…
- Did you see this post that went up late yesterday? They May Be Coming After You Next. I don't normally post on Sundays, so I wanted to make sure you saw it.
- I thought this was a great post idea after last week's conference from Emily, who I was thankful to meet there! Top Ten Tweets from the Wise Traditions Conference.
- Have you heard about Donielle's “Naturally Balanced” 30-day challenge to balance your hormones? Check it out!
- Did you see the new movie on vaccines from last week?