It was a wild week here at the blog as the 2011 Weight Loss & Wellness Adventure got going, and I’m learning so much from all of you!
- If you missed any of the posts, you can catch up at this main post for the Wellness Adventure where they’re all listed.
- I went to my first Zumba class and was disappointed! I liked the class atmosphere, the instructor was great, and some of the moves were fun (even if I felt uncoordinated most of the time), but I didn’t realize it was only Latin music and that I wouldn’t know any of the songs! It’s hard to get into it when nothing is familiar. Why can’t there be a fun dance class with all 80’s music??? I’ll finish the 6-week class but don't know if I'll sign up again. I’m bummed.
- Get this… One of the gifts Santa brought our two oldest kids was a helicopter ride (he got a great deal through Groupon!), so yesterday we drove to the airport for our flight! (It was for three people and Kent said I could go with them since he flew in plenty of helicopters when he was in the Marine Corp.) It was so fun! Our pilot was such a nice guy, and he took us over our neighborhood – we could see Kent & Joe waving their arms off at us from the backyard, what a blast! The same company that we flew with also took the aerial footage in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula for Kid Rock’s latest video, “Born Free”, and you’ll love the gorgeous shots they got.
A couple Monday links that are more on topic…
- When Mark Keating spoke at the Wise Traditions conference in Philadelphia a couple months ago, I was moved by the fact that this man, obviously a man of faith and morals, was serving as a voice of common sense in the USDA, a place that has certainly made plenty of boneheaded moves in the past. Well now even more we know why Joel Salatin calls it the “U.S. Duh”, because Mark Keating has been fired. Read more at Kimberly’s post, and PLEASE read the timeline in this Action Alert, and call the number listed to ask Miles McEvoy (Deputy Administrator of the USDA National Organic Program) to rehire Mark Keating. When I called, his voicemail box was full (hopefully full of others complaining like I was), so I left a message with the secretary.
- Did anyone else wonder what was up when you heard the news last week crying fraud in the study on Autism and vaccines? Read Sarah’s take on that story.